Are you ready to celebrate our New Year’s resolution success?
We made it! The four SO KIND Wednesdays are behind us. Today is the day for the ReSOlution of KINDness contest.
First of all, I want to offer my sincere thanks to each one of you not only for joining in, but for also making me laugh, offering perspectives on some things I hadn’t considered, and for making sure my first contest wasn’t a total flop!
Here are the Contest Guidelines:
- Please read through the following SO KIND Wednesday kindness phrases list. These are phrases that everyone commented every week in January.
- Please choose the one you like the best, comment below and tell me why is resonates with you. Do you have a personal connection to it? A story to share?
- Contest is open now, Wednesday February 3, 2016 to Friday February 5, 2016.
- I will choose a winner based on how the kindness phrase helps or makes a difference.
- The winner will be chosen and announced Saturday February 6, 2016 at 12:00 pm Central Standard Time.
- The prize is a $25 gift card from Victoria Trading Company, a gift I’ll purchase from my favorite local store, Vintage Hollar, and 10 blank notecards with a photo of my grandparents’ barn on them.
SO KIND Wednesday kindness phrase list:
Week 1 Kindness phrases to say to children:
- You’re destined for greatness.
- Your star shines bright.
- True beauty in you.
Week 2 Kindness phrases to say to friends:
- What can I do?
- I’ll pray for you.
- You are my inspiration.
My link from Facebook wasn’t working that week, so these were commented on my Facebook page:
- I’ll babysit your kids.
- What can I do?
- Let me help you.
- What do you need?
- I brought you food.
- Go take a nap.
- LET ME HUG YOU!
- IT WILL BE OKAY!
- DON’T YOU GIVE UP!
- YOU CAN DO IT!
- THEN LET’S HAVE TEA!
- YOU CAN TRUST ME.
- I’LL ALWAYS BE HERE.
- I’LL BE RIGHT THERE!
- YOU ARE SO SPECIAL.
- YOU’RE EASY TO LOVE.
- YOU MELT MY HEART.
- IT’S NEVER TOO LATE.
- I’m glad you’re mine.
- I am blessed daily.
Week 3 Kindness phrases to say to pets:
- Tuna party every day.
- Your MEOW melts me.
- You are my cat.
- I am your human.
- You need a massage.
- Stay in bed under the covers all day, sweetie.
- Come cuddle, fluff butt.
- Food free for all.
- It’s a free treat.
- Do you want to play?
Week 4 Kindness Changers/ Advice:
- Be still and know.
- What if I fall?
- What if you fly?
- Our 30-Day Challenge
- Happiness is a house.
- Goat that is house-broken.
- Holding the door for someone. Saying thank you to a cashier or server. Random acts of kindness to strangers.Pay it backward to pay it forward.
- Stay strong when it comes to giving tough kindness.
- Kindness should be the easiest thing in the world to give…And it costs nothing but time in most cases.
- Kindness can also be one of the hardest acts to give and also costs nothing.
(Numbers 8-11 are excerpts from Pan’s comments. I hope you don’t mind, Pan.)
Four weeks of kindness has already changed the world! Thank you for joining in!