SomeTHING’S Back

Ever wonder what goes through a wild animal’s mind?

If you’ve had a chance to read my story, “SomeTHING’s in the Garage” you may be disturbed to know that this is a sequel!

The morning after my 3 a.m. encounter with the possum and crazy radio, I decided to clean out the garage! Take that wild animals! No more hiding places for you!

What a disaster our garage has been! A few months ago we finally emptied our storage unit in town after 7 years. I bet you can guess where it all landed…

All day I worked on the garage. Ugh! Where’d we get all that junk? Finally I got it most of it organized.

However, there’s a giant air compressor, a table saw, and a lathe I can’t even begin to think about moving and just past those is an old recliner. Fair enough, I cleaned up all around it and the garage was looking gooood.

I set a bag of cat food and a glass bowl on top of the roll top desk and the cat’s food bowl on a low shelf a few feet away.

When I went to bed that night, I heard a loud noise in the garage. Hmmmm. What’s that cat doing in there? She’s loud. I figured she’d settle down and I went to bed.

Well… In the morning I discovered that both cats had spent the night inside the house. Oh. Great. SomeTHING’s back!

Sure enough! SomeTHING had been on top of the roll top desk and the glass bowl was shattered on the floor. The cat food bag lay beside it OPEN! And, the cat food bowl a few feet away? Tipped on its side.

Yikes.

Really? Really! After the radio thing? Makes me wonder if that possum told his friends “I found a place with some grub, but man, it’s loud!”

Well, I didn’t  know what to do! Keep the garage door open or closed? Was it still in there? I decided to leave it open hoping whatever it was would run for its life. When it was close to getting dark, I shut the door.

Later when I was getting Little Bit ready for bed, there was a bunch of commotion in the garage. Are you kidding me?

I opened the door and over in the corner behind the air compressor near the recliner where I couldn’t see, someTHING was moving around.

Enough already! My husband was bowling and I messaged him. He said he’d look when he got home. He looked and said he couldn’t find anyTHING.

The following morning we were gifted a lovely trail of greasy footprints after it apparently stepped into the grease bucket.

Good grief, what a mess. But, hey, at least this time nothing turned on the radio!

17 thoughts on “SomeTHING’S Back

1. Miriam February 21, 2016 / 4:25 pm

Oh, you crack me up Jessica. Your garage sounds like ours at the moment. Will there be a third in this sequel? I’ll stay tuned. :-)

• Jessica Adam February 21, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Ha ha. Lord I hope not. Heck, as far as we know, the deer, coyotes, possums, and owls may be having parties in there! Sounds like it! :)

• Miriam February 21, 2016 / 4:56 pm

Definitely, or an orgy! Now that’s a wild thought.

• Jessica Adam February 21, 2016 / 5:04 pm

About 6 years ago, a possum got into a clothes tub in the same garage and had babies. Oh, man! I hope THAT doesn’t happen again!! :)

• Miriam February 21, 2016 / 5:05 pm

Oh, really! OMG, you don’t need that sort of family living in your garage.

• Jessica Adam February 21, 2016 / 5:07 pm

I know, right??? It’s about baby having time around here. March is the month critters have babies here. Surely that is NOT happening again! Ha!

• Miriam February 21, 2016 / 5:33 pm

You will have to keep me posted. Let me know if any special packages arrive. Ha!

• Jessica Adam February 21, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Ha ha. I sure will! :)

2. karenlee February 21, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Oh, my. Can hardly wait to read what happens tonight, tomorrow. :) Keeping your camera handy?

3. Cathy Pappas Stormes February 22, 2016 / 5:21 am

Love it Jess. I can’t wait to hear the reveal. i wonder what it is. lol

• Jessica Adam February 22, 2016 / 6:08 am

Hey sister! Yeah, not for sure WHAT it was. The footprints were smeared about. I’m hoping it has decided to stay far, FAR away now! Like it moved. Away! Ha!

4. Annika Perry February 22, 2016 / 2:26 pm

Yeah! Another instalment of th garage dramas. This has me laughing out loud, Jessica.šŸ˜€ at least you waited for your husband to check it out – some more tidying up now then? Wonder what you next post will bring us??

• Jessica Adam February 22, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Hey girl. All was quiet in the garage last night… I’m a bit suspicious! Ha! No radio, no breaking dishes, no eaten cat food. Hmmm. Maybe the “entertainment” moved up the road! Ha! :)

• Annika Perry February 23, 2016 / 2:36 am

Or maybe you’re being lulled into a false sense of security…šŸ˜„

• Jessica Adam February 23, 2016 / 9:19 am

Good point. My husband said he doesn’t know if it was THAT possum that returned, or something ELSE! Yikes! :)