Listening to the Wind

How’s the weather where you are?

Today we woke up to the wind.

It is so breezy that it feels like Mother Nature rolled down the windows and set the fan to high.

The flowers are blowing about, the flag down the street is whipping around, the palm trees are dancing recklessly, and the waves are rolling in.

Sitting here on the porch swing, I’ve contemplated the difference between yesterday’s calm and the songs of today.

I believe I’ll just sit here for awhile, listening to the wind.

17 thoughts on “Listening to the Wind

1. Weird Guy With The Dog May 9, 2016 / 5:42 pm

Nature has a way of talking to the people who truly listen.

• Jessica Adam May 9, 2016 / 5:55 pm

I really like that. Thank you for reading!

2. DailyMusings May 9, 2016 / 6:38 pm

beautiful photos and I love to listen to the wind- especially at the beach :-)

• Jessica Adam May 9, 2016 / 6:42 pm

Thank you so much. The wind seems to have such a soothing quality at times. Especially when accompanied by the sea. Thank you for reading and commenting. :)

3. mrsstrawberryblonde May 9, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Beautiful! And who doesn’t the sound of the wind and the sea? It’s so relaxing…

• Jessica Adam May 9, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Hi there. It was so relaxing that I almost needed a nap. Ha. :) I appreciate you reading and also your kind comment. Thank you.

4. Miriam May 9, 2016 / 8:42 pm

It’s windy here too. But no ocean to look at unfortunately. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world with us Jess, nature is so calming whatever the season. :)

• Jessica Adam May 9, 2016 / 8:54 pm

Is it still cold there? (And, you’re welcome 💜)

• Miriam May 10, 2016 / 3:19 am

Would you mind if I link to this post in my most recent one? :)

• Jessica Adam May 10, 2016 / 9:06 am

Wow! Just woke up and saw your wonderful comment! I could say the same thing about starting my day with it!

Thank you so much! :)

• fromdreamtoplan May 10, 2016 / 9:08 am

My pleasure! :)

5. anotherday2paradise May 10, 2016 / 3:39 pm

Love the sound of the wind and the surf! Almost makes me wish I was back in South Africa. I used to hear that sound every single day when I walked out of the door. :) Lovely photos, Rebecca. Enjoy your stay there. xx

• Jessica Adam May 10, 2016 / 5:29 pm

Oh my. I bet that was a wonderful sound to hear every day. Thank you for your kind words. :)

6. Pan May 10, 2016 / 4:44 pm

I listen to a recording of thunderstorm and rain on youtube when I have trouble sleeping.. ocean waves, wind, waterfalls, running brooks and forest sounds are very popular relaxing recordings to fall to sleep with.. Not surprised you were lulled to sleep 😄

I’ve heard different themes of music in the wind.. Happy free spirited music as brisk breezes rustle the leaves and branches with a fast tempo..
    The gentle breezes that whisper each note with relaxing rhythm..
    Then the scary horror flick music with strong winds that make gnarly gargantuan limbs creak sending chills down my spine 😮
    Wind is quite the performer, playing all the instruments of nature.