These Two Wonderful Weeks

Have you ever been on three islands in four  days?

I can hardly believe it, but we have. Today we ventured to a place nearby that is known for its fishing, Elmer Island.

We had a great afternoon there. My husband caught a fish, Little Bit swam in the sea, and I soaked up the scenery.

On the way back to our beach house, we stopped and bought a couple pounds of fresh shrimp. You can do that here. How cool is that?

Back home, the only shrimp we can buy are frozen. It’s quite a treat to stop by a stand, look in a cooler and order by the pound. I could get used to this!

Tomorrow is our last full day at the beach/ island. In a way, I’ll be happy to be home, yet I already miss this.

The thing I will miss  the most is our family time. I’ll also miss the palm trees, the salty air, sand in my shoes, the ocean,  sleeping late, great meals, seeing Little Bit swim and play, the sunsets, and being on an island!

Well, I guess that’s the great thing about vacations. We already know ahead of time that they’re going to end. That seems to make it easy to savor and embrace all the days from the beginning and all the days in between.

That’s certainly what I’ve been trying to do on these two wonderful weeks.

15 thoughts on “These Two Wonderful Weeks

1. Miriam May 10, 2016 / 8:51 pm

“Savor and embrace”. So beautifully said Jessica and you certainly did that! All the sights, sounds, flavors and sensations of a wonderful two weeks. What wonderful memories you’ll take home with you. :)

2. Pan May 10, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Out of all the things you’ll miss, one of them I don’t believe you’ll miss at all..
    Its your family time.. You and your family seem to do a wonderful mix of family time at home.. You enjoy each other which in my opinion makes family time happen..
    The 24/7 relaxing no worries no keeping schedules other than you choose, is family time on steriods 😄 which makes vacations so awesome..

• Jessica Adam May 10, 2016 / 10:02 pm

That’s the part I have been savoring. The 24/7 relaxing, no worries, no keeping schedules, kind of family time. It’s been undivided attention, laughs, and memory making. Got a bit spoiled with having my husband during the week days. Rarely happens. It’s something else to be able to have him to ourselves. We are loving this for sure!

• Pan May 11, 2016 / 3:13 pm

Its makes you excited about the next vacation 😊

3. fromdreamtoplan May 11, 2016 / 2:56 am

Wow you definitely had an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing :)

• Jessica Adam May 11, 2016 / 4:35 am

It has been great. Last year we stayed on Dauphin Island for the full two weeks. This year we booked Dauphin Island for a week and decided to sort of land where we landed this week. Got out our atlas and picked out this place… :)

• Jessica Adam May 11, 2016 / 10:20 am

It’s a bit unreal to think of all the beautiful places we’ve seen recently! :)

4. Debra Farmer May 11, 2016 / 9:17 am

Are those lures in the wires your husbands?:) Fishing can get expensive. Fresh shrimp certainly looks different from frozen. All the fresh fish would be the best part of my vacation!! Glad you are having such a wonderful relaxing time.

• Jessica Adam May 11, 2016 / 10:31 am

Ha! Luckily they’re not his. You’ve got a good eye. That wire was on the road going onto Elmer Island. My husband spotted all those lures on it first. I had him pull over so I could get a picture. Cracked us up! You’re right, there was some money in lures hanging up there.

If you like fresh fish, Alabama would be great for you. They have fresh fish markets. We went to one and bought fresh tuna and red snapper and cooked at our beach house all week. It’ll be so hard to eat the frozen stuff back home now! Ha!

• Debra Farmer May 11, 2016 / 5:33 pm

I’ve thrown some lures in trees, we always say we’re after tree bass. I thought maybe he was after some type of exotic “wire” bass.

• Jessica Adam May 11, 2016 / 7:01 pm

Ha ha. Tree bass. I’ve gone after a few of those myself. Never caught one of the lil stinkers, tho!

Bet whoever did go after those “wire” bass are mad if they didn’t catch one!