17 More

What were you doing 17 years ago today?

17 years ago, I was standing on an Ozarks mountain in a wedding dress, marrying the nicest guy I ever met.

We got home from vacation last night and this morning Little Bit and I had fun browsing through our wedding memory book and wedding pictures.

Tonight we are celebrating with shrimp we brought back from the Gulf. Yum!

Happy 17th Anniversary, Baby!! Thanks for sharing your life with me. We’ve had a lot of years of great adventures, here’s to 17 more!

19 thoughts on “17 More

1. Miriam May 15, 2016 / 6:05 pm

On a mountain top? How wonderful. :) Congratulations to the two of you lovebirds and thanks for sharing your lovely occasion with us. Have a wonderful anniversary and cheers to the next 17 years together. Hugs and best wishes to you both. xo

• Jessica Adam May 15, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Yes ma’am. There’s a real mushy story behind that spot. Wanna hear it???

Thanks for your sweet hugs and wishes!! Muwahhhh!

• Miriam May 15, 2016 / 6:20 pm

Are you kidding? Of course I wanna hear it. :)

• Jessica Adam May 15, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Oh! You’re a sap, like me!!

The very first time I met my would-be husband, he came to visit his best friend, that I was dating!! I answered the door when he arrived. He was bent over, putting down his bag and looked up at me with these blue eyes and a huge smile…
          I went home and told my sister I’d found who I was going to marry.

The best friend and I broke up, but remained good friends. A year later, we all ended up living in the same town and they were roommates.

I hung out over there a lot and my husband to-be and I found out how much we had in common. I finally told him I’d had a crush on him for a year!

Well… the best friend told me the worst thing I could do would be to date my husband to-be. He told us we couldn’t date and there were a few family issues because they’d been friends for years.

So, what did we do?? We ignored them! Ha! On one of our first few dates, he took me to this mountain, picked me some wildflowers, and told me he was going to marry me there.

Four years later, it happened! ❤️

June 10 will be the 21st anniversary of our very first date!

• Miriam May 15, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Oh wow, that was gorgeous, I had tears in my eyes and all. Yep, you’re right, I’m a sap! The biggest!
            When you wrote “he looked up at me with these blue eyes and a huge smile…” I got goosebumps. You two were obviously meant to be together.
            Thanks for sharing your story Jessica. xo

• Jessica Adam May 15, 2016 / 7:56 pm

Oh! You got teary?? Aw!! Goosebumps, even?? You make me smile, Miri. Meant to be for sure. The odds were stacked against us. That best friend said it would never last. 💞

• Miriam May 15, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Yeah, I’m in a teary mood today so your story got me, right smack in the heart! As for the odds, it’s funny how that works … seems that the universe had other ideas for you.

• Jessica Adam May 15, 2016 / 8:12 pm

I love the “right smack in the heart” thing, but if you’re teary, are you ok? Is it your mum?

Yay for the Universe!! I like it’s ideas better than odds any day! 💖

• Miriam May 15, 2016 / 8:16 pm

Absolutely Yay for the Universe. And I’ll be fine Jess, going out now for a big dose of Vitamin D in the sunshine :)

2. karenlee May 15, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Enjoy your special day! Love the photos. <3 (I want to hear that story, too…..) ;)

3. anotherday2paradise May 15, 2016 / 9:07 pm

How romantic! Loved seeing all your memories, Jessica. Congrats on 17 years together. :) xx

• Jessica Adam May 15, 2016 / 9:59 pm

Hi there. Thank you so much! I thought it’d be fun to share the past a bit. It was fun reminiscing and rereading my notes from 17 years ago. We look so young in our pictures. And, we’re still young now! Ha! :)

4. Gameplan Happily Ever After May 30, 2016 / 10:17 pm

Oooh! Belated Anniversary Wishes <3 <3 17years :o Woow. Here is to 70 more :) Loved the pics <3 You are such a sweetheart Jessica :) Wishing you both all the happiness and good health in the world :)