The Rain Has Stopped

How is your weather today?

Since we returned from vacation, it has been cold! In fact, when we were driving home from Louisiana, the further north we got, the more the temperature dropped.

This morning, the thermometer read 41 degrees. For several days, water has been pouring out of the sky like a constant drip of a soaker hose. Cold and wet.

It’s almost like the clouds have a flashing No Vacancy sign up and have uninvited the sun to join in on this day.

That’s ok though, I just got back from a walk to the mailbox and even though the hours seem dark, there is a light of different sorts shining.

Wildflowers. They’re standing tall, strutting their stuff. Looking beyond beautiful on such a gray day. It’s almost like they don’t notice that the sun is off jet setting elsewhere this week. Perhaps like me, they’re just quite happy that for now, the rain has stopped.

24 thoughts on “The Rain Has Stopped

1. Weird Guy With The Dog May 19, 2016 / 2:53 pm

It snowed 7 inches in northern Maine a couple days ago! Love the flowers…gives me hope for summer!

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh, snow??? Had no idea! Surely summer will arrive one of these days. :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog May 19, 2016 / 3:09 pm

Amen!

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 3:28 pm

Build a snowman for me! We didn’t get enough snow all winter…:)

2. DailyMusings May 19, 2016 / 8:03 pm

such beautiful flowers- especially the daisy! It is warming up a bit here too- the endless rain of last week made everything so green- a benefit I suppose

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 9:25 pm

I noticed the green, too. It’s beautiful. Glad your rain is letting up. Thank you. Daisies are popping up now. I’m waiting for my favorite to bloom- Queen Ann’s Lace. :)

3. Miriam May 19, 2016 / 8:25 pm

Lovely flowers Jess. Here it’s cool and this morning the sun’s trying to break through the grey clouds, with not much luck.

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 9:25 pm

Ah, the sun is on siesta there as well… :)

• Miriam May 19, 2016 / 9:33 pm

It is, well and truly. Just doesn’t want to come out today … :)

4. restlessjo May 20, 2016 / 2:55 am

Just beautiful, Jessica! :) Did you not think to link this to Jude’s ‘Wildflowers’? She’d love this.

5. fromdreamtoplan May 20, 2016 / 3:35 am

Beautiful pics! Also here in Englad the weather changed radically from last week! Hope spring weather will come back soon!
    Thank you for sharing those wonderful flower pictures! :)

• Jessica Adam May 20, 2016 / 8:38 am

The weather change seems to be going around. We had the mildest winter and a cold spring. Perhaps summer will be kind this year instead of a scorcher? :)

Thank you for reading! Means a lot to me!

6. Annika Perry May 20, 2016 / 5:45 am

Glad the rain has stopped and given you a chance to appreciate the flowers. After a warm beautiful start to May we have had cooler but dry days (so far…) Half term holidays beckon – and guess what, yep, rain forecast! As usual!

• Jessica Adam May 20, 2016 / 8:41 am

That’s a great way to look at it! The rain stops and the flowers take the stage. I guess I got spoiled on vacation with the warmer temps. I’m guessing about mid July when it’s 102, I’ll be missing these cool, rainy days. :)

7. Laura May 20, 2016 / 2:13 pm

Beautiful photos. We have a lot of dandelions this year :)

• Jessica Adam May 20, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Thank you so much! It’s been a dandelion year here, too. We’ve had a yard full of “wishes”. :)

8. Sheryl May 20, 2016 / 8:43 pm

The flowers are lovely. It was sunny and in the 70s here today.

• Jessica Adam May 21, 2016 / 1:48 am

Thank you. Ps Sunny and 70 sounds amazing!

9. Gameplan Happily Ever After May 30, 2016 / 10:09 pm

Wow. Such beautiful photos :) Seriously I should do some photography lessons too :D I am so camera-retarded :\