For Missie

Is your heart ever heavy for someone and you can’t seem to find the right words to say to them?

A few days ago I wrote a post about how several of my friends and family members are in the sea of sadness. The day I wrote it, I found myself out walking in the wildflowers.

I just came in from doing the same thing. The wind is chatty today and Queen Anne and the girls are dancing in the breeze. Clouds are peppering up the sky and the sun’s rays have nicely warmed this summer day.

I love how nature has the ability to be comforting and healing all on its own. At times when words get jumbled up and hearts are hurting, nature can wrap her arms around us without saying a word.

My cousin lost her beloved husband six days ago and he was way too young. She lives several states away and I have had no idea what I can do to ease her heartache.

Words seem stale. I can’t say I know that kind of pain, because I don’t. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out if there’s anything I can do. And, there is.

I can share a bit of nature’s calming embrace.

For you, Missie. ~Thinking of you, dear cousin. ​​

28 thoughts on “For Missie

1. ladieswholunchreviews June 22, 2016 / 9:53 pm

A very nice thing to do for your cousin and I always feel it’s better to say something rather than nothing…

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 10:24 pm

Thank you so much.

You’re probably right. If no words are ever mentioned, how could they possibly know they’re being thought about.

• ladieswholunchreviews June 22, 2016 / 10:47 pm

I just remember when Dave was born and doctors gave him a 50/50 chance, we got one baby card. And even tho I asked, the hospital never sent anything to the paper, so no birth announcement. I understood that people didn’t know what to say but it still hurt. Vowed then I would always do or say something, even if it wasn’t exactly the right thing to do… I thought what you did for your cousin was lovely! And this is probably why I talk so much :)

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 11:31 pm

Oh girl, how sad and frustrating that must have been.I love your vow, and it is a great point.

Maybe WHAT we say isn’t as important as the fact that we just say something, anything. :)

• ladieswholunchreviews June 22, 2016 / 11:35 pm

Yeah, I’m sure I’d feel differently if it weren’t for that. Thanks, I knew you’d understand what I was saying!

2. Jessica June 22, 2016 / 11:47 pm

Even though you were in those shoes and it was probably hard at the time, I love how it opened a door for future compassion for others,because you’ve been there yourself.

That’s where “I get it” comes into play and sometimes that’s exactly what someone needs.

Thank you for what you said about my post. It means a lot to me! :)

3. DailyMusings June 23, 2016 / 5:23 am

sometimes the sounds of nature and looking at it can make all the difference- no words necessary. beautiful

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 8:34 am

Thank you so much. I think you’re right. I seem to be glued to those flowers right now! Can’t get enough of them… :)

4. Miriam June 23, 2016 / 6:10 am

You gave your dear cousin a wonderful gift of love… a calming embrace from Mother Nature when sometimes words don’t suffice. A beautiful touch Jess. :)

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 8:35 am

Thank you, sweet girl. ❤️

5. Annika Perry June 23, 2016 / 11:14 am

Jessica, it is always hard being far away when you want to be close and comfort someone in pain and grief. I am so sorry for your cousin but know that your love, kindness and warm words will help her. Beautiful post and may the peace of nature play its vital role in healing.

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 11:53 am

It’s funny that you said that about being far away. That’s how I feel about being an ocean apart at your time of loss. How did yesterday go?

• Annika Perry June 25, 2016 / 4:31 am

Thank you for all your care, Jessica. It was a very moving day, very touching and although obviously sad it felt good meeting lots of his friends. Emotionally drained now though…

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 7:12 am

Glad it went well. Hope you get lots of rest. Hugs! :)

6. heartandsoul777 June 23, 2016 / 7:38 pm

so touching and a beautiful peaceful video thats the stuff right there that heals the soul. what a lovely thing for you to share with us all. im so sorry for your family’s loss xo

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 7:44 pm

Oh my gosh. Thank you soooo much for reading. You are incredibly kind! :)

• heartandsoul777 June 23, 2016 / 7:56 pm

it really was the best thing you could have done for her just so thoughtful sometimes ppl out of not knowing what to do or what to say they end up saying way too much and really when you are grieving like that a simple kind and caring gesture like your video speaks volumes with out crowding a person mind ya know what i mean? and really you let nature do what it does best and that is to just be! you may not reside close by to your cousin on the map but its plain to see she lives in your heart and whats better then that?! :)

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 8:20 pm

Your comment is a such a gift… I find myself virtually wordless. :)

• heartandsoul777 June 23, 2016 / 8:26 pm

very sweet of you to say ty!

7. Mrs Strawberry Blonde June 23, 2016 / 7:44 pm

It’s so sad that your cousin’s husband passed away. My heart goes out to her.

• Jessica June 23, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Hey friend, thank you. It is devastating. Suddenly sick, then gone… :(

• Mrs Strawberry Blonde June 23, 2016 / 8:29 pm

It must be a horrible time for the family, extended family and friends. Heartbreaking.

8. Eskie Antics June 23, 2016 / 10:41 pm

What a therapeutic experience you had. Sending positive thoughts to you and your loved ones, Jessica.

• Jessica June 24, 2016 / 3:54 am

That’s super sweet. Thank you for your positive thoughts. That is very kind and we appreciate that…