The Importance of Outdoor Play: 80 fun things to do outdoors

Don’t you just love spending time outdoors?

We do, especially doing fun things like sidewalk chalk and playing in the sprinkler during our seventies summers.

Last week I stumbled across a new-to-me blog while looking for craft blogs. Then, I saw this list!

What’s great about it, is she shares year round activities, so if wherever you are is in the winter season, there are activities for you as well.

Another thing I love is, that the activities are do-able for any age. They’d be wonderful for kids or grandkids. Don’t have either? That’s ok! Adults can do them, too!

When was the last time you camped or flew a kite?

Thank you, Amber, for letting me share your ideas and list!

With such a technology driven culture today, children are spending less and less time outdoors. I for one think this is a problem. Is it because they are bored? Is it because technology today is mo…

Source: The Importance of Outdoor Play: 80 fun things to do outdoors

16 thoughts on “The Importance of Outdoor Play: 80 fun things to do outdoors

1. kelleysdiy June 28, 2016 / 10:24 am

I love your piece!

• Jessica June 28, 2016 / 11:12 am

It’s such a great list, isn’t it? Something for everybody! Did you look at her site? Like you, she’s got some super fun ideas! 😊

• kelleysdiy June 28, 2016 / 3:53 pm

You are so talented Jessica…inspirational, heart warming..love your stories!

• Jessica June 28, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Oh my! You’ve got my cheeks all red! :) That’s beyond kind… Wow… Thank you. :)

• kelleysdiy June 28, 2016 / 6:30 pm

It is so true honey…God Bless!

• Jessica June 28, 2016 / 6:38 pm

You’re like this rainbow that appeared out of nowhere… πŸ’œ

2. ambernicole.mn June 28, 2016 / 10:53 am

Thanks for sharing! I hope you find it helpful! :)

• Jessica June 28, 2016 / 11:11 am

Hi there! Thank you so much for letting me share! There are quite a few I haven’t done yet, like squirt bottle tag. That’d be super fun because it’s like 97 degrees here this week! :)

• ambernicole.mn June 28, 2016 / 12:26 pm

Oh wow that sounds super fun! I’ll keep my eyes out for that post! :)

• Jessica June 28, 2016 / 8:01 pm

Yay!! We love good memories!! 😊

3. heartandsoul777 June 29, 2016 / 7:21 am

i love the list! i blow bubbles all the time haha! and Im 50 years old and still love them! i got a real kick out of watching ants on the list but really only cause i remember doing that! hahahaa! i wonder if kids ever watch ants anymore?! <3 :) <3

• Jessica June 29, 2016 / 7:59 am

Hi! We sound like kindred spirits! I blow bubbles all the time, too. Unfortunately, we get to watch ants often because they come into the house! Ha!

I liked the go camping and play baseball ones too. So much that we got my husband a tent and baseball and bases for his birthday today!

4. Debra Farmer June 29, 2016 / 8:11 am

THANK YOU for more ideas of fun outdoor things to do with the grandkids coming later this week! I don’t believe in entertaining them by going into town to the mall, movie, out to eat. When they are here it is have grandparent time. A time of doing “simple things”, playing outside, making cookies, flying a kite, playing with a garden hose……..NO ipads

• Jessica June 29, 2016 / 8:17 am

LOVE that! Lucky kids!! Glad her list will come in handy! I actually added several of her ideas to our Summer Fun List as well.