Those Zinnias

Do you have any favorite seasonal flowers?

If you’ve been here a month or two, you may remember my posts about the gorgeous Queen Anne’s Lace that lined both sides of our road in June/ July.

It was soooooo amazing. I found myself out there like everyday, taking pictures. You can see some here, if you like.

A little bit ago, I was out walking and noticed that Miss Summer Sun has taken her toll on those beauties.

There are still a few in bloom, but the majority seem to have packed up their vacation bags and put on their autumn hats.

Well, lucky for us, we planted some seeds. The cosmos in the garden have worked really hard for two months, and they’re starting to emerge. The buds are quite breathtaking.

Our sunflowers haven’t opened up yet, but they’re already set to dazzle, by being way taller than me.

The flower pot in front of our house is the real show stopper! It’s brimming with pinks and yellows, from seed packets that Little Bit picked out.

I’ll never forget that day in the store, when he was so excited to choose the flowers he wanted to grow.

And, they grew!

Every time I glance out the window or make my way up the sidewalk, my heart makes a big ol’ smiley face.

Mother Nature makes it really easy to get our hearts all wrapped up in petals and stems.

And, on any normal occasion I’d say I like all flowers…

But, today, I just have to tell you, oh, how I love those zinnias!

22 thoughts on “Those Zinnias

1. Laura August 8, 2016 / 12:15 pm

I have a special fondness for sunflowers :)

• Jessica August 8, 2016 / 12:18 pm

Oh really? Do you grow them?

• Laura August 8, 2016 / 12:29 pm

I have a few in my garden. I do not grow them for market.

• Jessica August 8, 2016 / 12:34 pm

They’re so pretty. I’d love to make a sunflower patch in our yard to play in. :)

2. Debra Farmer August 8, 2016 / 3:31 pm

Beautiful Flowers!! I love zinnias!! With zinnias you can have a little one only 8″ tall and then have some that are 2′ tall! Such a wide variety of colors too, all from one seed packet!

• Jessica August 8, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Oooo. We need to get THAT packet! :)

3. Claremary P. Sweeney August 8, 2016 / 7:51 pm

And the echinacea you use for your photo is a wonderful,, healing plant. I’m going to the link to look at your other flowers, now. Good job, Little Bit!

• Jessica August 8, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Well, awesome. We love healing plants! :) Thank you so much for reading!

• Claremary P. Sweeney August 9, 2016 / 9:05 am

I am totally taken by herbs! They need so little care and give so much back. You’re welcome! 🌿

• Jessica August 9, 2016 / 9:44 am

I think I’ll plant some in my fall garden.

4. watchingthedaisies August 9, 2016 / 9:53 am

What a lovely post and beautiful photographs – right up my alley!

• Jessica August 9, 2016 / 9:59 am

Hi! Welcome! Thank you for having a look. Sounds like we may have flowers and photos in common. I can’t wait until our sunflowers bloom. The sunset behind them always makes the best background. :)

• Jessica August 9, 2016 / 10:14 am

I can’t wait to see more of your blog! 🌸

5. beeorganizedwithpamela August 9, 2016 / 11:54 am

When I was in school we sold seed packages and my Mom would always buy the mixed seeds. They had Zinnias, Cosmo’s and Marigolds. I love to this day seeing what grows from seed. Your pictures are fabulous.

• Jessica August 9, 2016 / 11:58 am

Aww! What awesome memories! And, thanks for saying that about my pictures! PS I’m still trying to figure out the whole selling them thing. For now, if you see any you’d like to use, feel free to ask me. All I’d like is a photo credit. :)

One of these days I’ll get the business logistics ironed out. Ha! :)

• beeorganizedwithpamela August 9, 2016 / 12:05 pm

Oh thanks. I am not a good photographer. I admire people who are. I of course would give you photo credit and would love to promote you in my little way.

• Jessica August 9, 2016 / 12:06 pm