Cave Glitter

It’s Labor Day weekend here and instead of going to a busy, popular place like a lake, we headed to the woods.

Saturday, we stepped out of our 80 degree day, and into a cave that we love and have visited many times.

There’s no fee and no tour guide. It’s one of those places where beauty awaits, if you’re brave enough to crawl through the entrance…

Inside, we almost needed a jacket and even though it’s September, we could see our breath.

Then, I saw something so amazing!

The water condensation was pooled up in spots on the ceiling, that almost had me believing we were at a party!

Just look at that sparkly silver and gold cave glitter.

34 thoughts on “Cave Glitter

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 9:56 am

Thank you! It’s pretty fun. It’s right across the road from where we got married. :)

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 9:58 am

It’s fun! I bet you’d love it. So pretty here.

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 10:28 am

Open invitation!!!

• Dee Gilbert September 5, 2016 / 10:40 am

Thank you! Will keep that in mind. :))

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 10:43 am

If you ever get to the Midwest, holler! :)

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 11:05 am

You’d love it! We saw 2 frogs and 1 bat. :) Quiet down there. Vinny could get around pretty good.

1. Debra Farmer September 5, 2016 / 11:27 am

Love this!!! I want to book a tour with you!!!!!!

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 11:32 am

Pack your bag!!

2. thejuicenut September 5, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Beautiful, but you would never get me in there, especially with bats! 😱

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Ha! Well, if you ever come visit, we can skip the cave. :)

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 1:26 pm

Hi Diane! Thank you! How are you feeling?

• ladieswholunchreviews September 5, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Good, thanks, my stepdaughters are in town this weekend so seeing them today. Surgery will be the 20th and my sis is flying in to Ben with me! <3

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 2:17 pm

Oh, how fun to see your stepdaughters! Ok, I’ll be praying for you on the 20th! I’m so glad your sister will be there for you. 💜

• Jessica September 5, 2016 / 3:31 pm

Hi Syliva. THIS is the kind of stuff I wanted to show you. We’re on our way home now. Took about 400 pictures down there…

• Jessica September 6, 2016 / 3:44 am

Oh my gosh, Sylvia! I reread what I wrote. Ha ha. I didn’t word that right at all!! I meant I wanted to show you the cave and scenery. I took 400 pictures total, not just of the glitter, while we were down “there”- meaning down at the woods- it’s south of where we live. :) Funny how words left out of a sentence change the entire meaning!! :) Oops!

3. rabbitpatchdiary.com September 5, 2016 / 11:16 pm

Your pics are stunning! And you are right about the glitter! Never knew that could happen!

• Jessica September 6, 2016 / 3:38 am

Thank you so much!! I about fell over when I saw it. We could even see drips of water hanging off of it. So cool to see nature in action. :)

4. Miriam September 6, 2016 / 12:30 am

Gorgeous. What a great place to spend the day. I used to love going to caves when I was a little girl. It always felt like fairy land to me. :)

• Jessica September 6, 2016 / 3:52 am

Aw! I can just “see” you being a princess and having such a wonderful time!

• Miriam September 6, 2016 / 4:42 am

Ooh, I was never much of a princess, more of a funny fairy!! :)

• Jessica September 6, 2016 / 5:42 am

Me, too! My sister was more of the princess type!

5. Gameplan Happily Ever After September 12, 2016 / 9:46 pm

Woaah! Where is this place ?? Looks awesome. Glitter wow. What a fun and swell way to spend the holiday. And did you say midwest? I am somewhere in the midwest too :P I am a little wary of posting my location online so that is why I do not reveal it. If you are comfortable with it you can let me know the cave place through my talk and tweet section of the blog so that it will directly come to me :)

• Jessica September 13, 2016 / 3:56 am

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s pretty scary to give exact locations online, never know who’s reading… I didn’t know there was a Talk section. I’ll have to look. I’m wayyyyyyy behind and don’t have Twitter! Ha!

• Gameplan Happily Ever After September 13, 2016 / 11:06 pm

Hehe. Don worry about twitter :P Even I do not use it though I have an account :D And I get it about the location thing :) I am the same :P
        For your pictures though you could use instagram I suppose. With the right tags you could share all this awesomeness with like-minded people from all over the world.