A Wonderful Day

How are you doing today?

It’s been a hectic few weeks around here and I feel like maybe the ticking of the clock is stuck on full-speed-ahead.

Today we’re actually home. As in, not somewhere else!! Woo hoo!

Isn’t that the best feeling in the world when you’ve been gone so much you forget what it’s like to stay standing in one spot?

I am rather proud of myself, in the pile full of mounding chores, I have gotten quite a bit done today.

The garage now has some breathing room, the furniture has been shifted around, the laundry isn’t jumping out its basket anymore, and even the toilets are smiling.

Still there’s a billion more things I should be getting done, but honestly, all I want to do is stop and breathe-in these last few hours of September.

So, instead of checking another “to-do” off the never ending list, I decided to take Sandy’s advice.

Recently, I wrote about all the zinnias that came from one package of flower seeds and she asked if I use them as cut flowers.

I haven’t.

Until today.

I just went out and cut some. Aren’t they pretty? Thanks, Sandy!

Well..looks like I may have spoken too soon about this being a stay at home day.

My little Superman just appeared all decked out in his costume, raring to go save the world! So, we’re off once again!

I just wanted to check in with you and tell you I hope you’re having a wonderful day.

55 thoughts on “A Wonderful Day

• Jessica September 30, 2016 / 6:41 pm

Thank you! I love that pitcher. They sure are pretty inside. Not sure why I never thought of it. :)

1. SpiritualJourney17 September 30, 2016 / 9:52 pm

I like the way the flowers look in the pitcher. Great idea. Have a great weekend.

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:08 am

Hi. Thank you so much. I’m kind of stuck in old fashioned. I hope you have a fabulous weekend, too. 🌸

2. sandyjwhite September 30, 2016 / 10:18 pm

Now you get to enjoy those beautiful zinnias inside, as well as out. They are perfect in that pitcher!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:10 am

I feel so lucky that you gave me the idea! Thanks again! I love those old enamelware pitchers. It’s like stepping back in time. β˜€οΈ

• sandyjwhite October 1, 2016 / 10:07 am

You are welcome. Yes, those pitchers are cool retro!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 10:46 am

❀️❀️❀️

3. thecraftingbakinggodmum October 1, 2016 / 1:14 am

Lovely flowers and photo. Have a fab weekend :)

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:13 am

Hi!! Thank you so much! πŸ’–

4. Niaa October 1, 2016 / 6:56 am

Hi, just joined wordpress few days before. I am now a big fan of yours after reading your post….looking forward to read more post from you…

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:16 am

Aw! How nice of you to first of all, read my posts. And, secondly to say you’re a big fan!

I am beyond honored! Truly, thank you so very much!

Welcome to WordPress. I’m getting ready to celebrate my 1 year anniversary of starting my blog. I was one of those “I’m never going to have a blog” types. Then I did it anyway! πŸ’—

• Niaa October 1, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Thank you Jessica…its so sweet of you. I have just started so hoping to get good reaponse…

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 12:17 pm

Bet you’ll do great! It’s scary to start, but it gets easier. :)

• Niaa October 1, 2016 / 12:18 pm

Thank yyyouuuuuuu sooooo much…..love Neha

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 1:13 pm

πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

5. Jenny Spencer October 1, 2016 / 8:26 am

Beautiful flowers and arrangement and I love the pitcher!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:45 am

Hi. Thanks so much. I have it sitting on my parent’s oak bookcase, next to a picture of me and mom when I was a baby. Looks right at home there.

6. Debra Farmer October 1, 2016 / 8:32 am

Zinnia’s are so beautiful as cut flowers. They last such a long time. Love your pitcher!! I love to have flowers in my home. I will move them from room to room just so I can enjoy them where ever I’m at. I have a big master bath and I love to have them between my sinks in front of the mirror, that way I have double the blooms! Works especially well when Mr. Farmer gives me rosesβ™₯
    I’m glad that you take the time to cherish the last day of September and to drop everything when LB shows up in his Superman.
    Such beautiful weather, enjoy the weekend!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 8:56 am

Oh!!! I love your idea of moving them from room to room! AND putting them in front of a mirror! Thanks for that idea! I just moved my small vase to the bathroom!

Mr. Farmer gets you RoSes?? Wow! Lucky girl! 🌹

Yes, Superman was quite a surprise. He’d been reading his comic books and suddenly was dressed and ready for an adventure! I’m trying to savor age 9. Ten is coming faster than I ever expected it to!

It’s definitely Fall weather today. 50 degrees here. I actually have the heater going to take off the chill in here this morning. Hope you have a beautiful weekend! πŸ’–

7. Bun Karyudo October 1, 2016 / 8:56 am

I hope you went out together and saved the world, or at least your neighborhood! I like the zinnias, by the way. :)

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 9:00 am

Ha ha! We did actually! We went to town and saved it from the invisible Tornado Jones who was always two blocks ahead of us! When we got back home we declared, “Mission accomplished!” 😊

I’m glad you like the zinnias. I really like them because in the spring when we were at the store buying garden seeds, I told Little Bit he could pick any flower seeds he wanted and he chose those.

They are growing like crazy. So vibrant! :)

• Bun Karyudo October 1, 2016 / 11:12 am

Good job on taking on that tornado! :)

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 12:16 pm

We’re quite fearless! Ha!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 10:47 am

Ha ha!! I think you may be right! 😊😊😊

8. thejuicenut October 1, 2016 / 12:02 pm

Lovely flowers and lovely jug. Every year at this time we have a burst of brilliant orange-yellow rudbeckia at the bottom of the garden which we can only see from the kitchen window. I love them and only a week ago decided to cut some and guess what? They are in a jug! A ceramic one this time as it’s smaller but I could have picked a metal one jad they been taller flowers. They are sitting on my lounge windowsill brightening up a very dark, wet and cold day. Snap! πŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŒ»

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 11:41 pm

Boy I’m running behind today! How are you doing? I love that you have rudbeckia growing. I love those! Bet they look soooooo beautiful on your windowsill. It was a dark, cloudy day here as well. ❀️

• thejuicenut October 2, 2016 / 6:00 am

Stunningly sunny today, woohoo! 😎

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 2:23 pm

Here, too! β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

9. Annika Perry October 1, 2016 / 2:15 pm

Love the flowers, Jessica and you continue have many happy wonderful days with your own superman. My son was Spiderman – scary when I kept catching him climbing bookcases/bannisters/cliffs…

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 2:29 pm

Oh my gosh! He was a climber?

• Annika Perry October 1, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Oh yes…we had to secure bookcases against the wall!! There came an age when he finally realised he wasn’t Spiderman and I could feel his disbelief and sadness…some things a mother just can’t fix!

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Ohhhhh. How sad… That makes me savor these moments even more! ❀️

10. thechickengrandma October 1, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Your flowers are so very pretty in that container!!
    Have fun on your journeys with your little Superman!!! Life is so much fun when you join in the excitement of saving the world :).

• Jessica October 1, 2016 / 11:37 pm

You made me smile SOOOOO BIG! 😊 You’re right, nothing beats being invited to be a super hero!

You know what’s funny? While on our adventure yesterday, we went to McDonalds and Superman/ Super Girl are the happy meal toys! I don’t know who was more excited!

Thank you for reading and commenting. That pitcher is full of memories. I love that it’s sitting here in my room all full of those pretty flowers. 🌸

• thechickengrandma October 2, 2016 / 8:07 am

My grandkids were here this weekend and when the nearly 3 year old came in she was wearing her “wunner woman” crown. And the 5 year old had his batman toy. We were super heroes all weekend as well!

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 8:41 am

Awwww!! How fun! I love how kids just believe. Wunner woman sounds adorable. I bet you made some great memories this weekend for them AND you! ❀️

11. Miriam October 2, 2016 / 7:28 am

What a lovely photo that made me smile Jess.
    So nice to hear what you’ve been up to. I hope you and Lil Bit have had some awesome adventures. Hugs to you both. xo

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 8:42 am

Hi Miri❀️ Wish you were here!

• Miriam October 2, 2016 / 5:47 pm

Me too ❀️

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 5:57 pm

Today we played planes on a blanket in the front yard. :)

• Miriam October 2, 2016 / 6:05 pm

That sounds awesome. I used to do that with my kids too!

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 6:10 pm

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! Like minded mommasβ€οΈπŸ’–πŸ’œπŸ’—β˜€οΈπŸŒΈπŸŒ»πŸŒ·

• Miriam October 2, 2016 / 6:15 pm

Yeah!!! β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸŒΏπŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸš€

12. Mrs Strawberry Blonde October 2, 2016 / 12:35 pm

Being at home is nice, eh? No matter how many chores await, I love it when I don’t have to leave the house for a day or two.

But Little Bit had other plans for you, I see. I hope you had a good time and you enjoy the rest of the weekend. xx

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 1:24 pm

Thanks! Yes! Loving this first weekend of October. Sunny today. Hope you have a great week! :)

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 1:52 pm

It’s going to be a busy one. Wish we were doing our nails and eating “clean” cake and ice cream instead. πŸŽ‚πŸ§πŸ¨

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 2:00 pm

If we’re dreaming, let’s forget clean cake! Give me the full fat, sugary version instead!

• Jessica October 2, 2016 / 6:54 pm

Yes!! And FROSTING! With roses and colors! And, mints!