Moving On

Yesterday my husband accepted a new job with his company and we are officially going to pack up our life here and move it somewhere else.

The gypsy-soul in me is super excited about all the “new” that will be coming our way.

The old-fashioned-soul in me is pretty teary.

Last weekend we drove over there just to look around.

I just have to tell you, it is gorgeous! The trees, the rolling hills, the rivers, and even the farmland are so beautiful and actually remind me of home.

It seems kind of funny to me how comfortable can take up residence in our cozy lives, then suddenly adventure comes knocking at the back door.

Adventure wins this time! We decided we will be moving on.

70 thoughts on “Moving On

1. sandyjwhite October 11, 2016 / 1:24 pm

What’s that old saying…one door closes and another opens. Hope this new journey is a great one!

• Jessica October 11, 2016 / 1:26 pm

Thank you, Sandy. Just hope I don’t get wedged between the 2! Ha. I’m excited, yet I love this house and town… ❤️

• Jessica October 11, 2016 / 2:19 pm

That’s sweet of you to say! Thank you so much! 😊

2. Becoming... October 11, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Sounds exciting and terrifying at the same time! Good luck!! (The pictures are beautiful!)

• Jessica October 11, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Hi! Thank you. I couldn’t believe how beautiful that place was! Love to have some land over there!

You summed it up quite well! ❤️

3. Annika Perry October 11, 2016 / 3:28 pm

Congratulations! Exciting new times for you and so glad the area is so beautiful, I know how important nature is to you. How long does it take to sell houses? Here it is up to 6 months! Grr…hope it all goes smoothly and quickly. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures, Jessica.

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:31 am

Hey sweetie. Sorry for my delay, it was a run around day. You know me soooo well! I have to live near nature it seems. We’ve done the city thing in the past and I’m so over it! Ha!

6 months is probably a fair guess for here as well. The real estate market seems to be picking up a little, which is nice.

Prepare to read some sappy posts through this process! It’s going to be a little tough to leave our home we love! But, I’m sure we’ll love the next one, too! Hugs, dear friend.

4. thejuicenut October 11, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Exciting times! Hope all goes smoothly 😊 Ps did you see my post on the health beneifts of turmeric? I wrote it for you and there’s a follow-up with a chia turmeric breakfast pot that looks like a pudding. Hope it’s useful.

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:32 am

Thank you so much! PS Aw! You wrote a post for me?? How awesome is that? I’ll try to get it read today. Bless you!

5. Debra Farmer October 11, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Georgous pictures!! The area that you are moving to looks absolutely beautiful. It will be so fun looking for your new “home” You will know when you find it as all the others will just be houses. You are starting another chapter in you and your families life. Can’t wait to read about it!! Best wishes
    Prayers and Love from KS

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:39 am

I absolutely couldn’t BELIEVE how beautiful that river was. That bridge and reflection was nearly a work of art!

I love what you said about the home vs the houses. That really makes looking sound quite inviting. We drove around those 2 days last weekend with open minds and hearts, just looking for a place to call home. Of all the places we’ve driven by, that river area seems the most like us.

Thank you for your encouragement and sweet words, my kindred spirit! Once we get settled, you and Mr. Farmer will have to come visit! We can cruise around and look for old churches, together! ❤️❤️❤️

• Jessica October 11, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Hi. Dang, I wish so too!! :) There are definitely some beautiful places around there. Have to sell our lake cabin first before we can really pick anything out. :)

6. thechickengrandma October 11, 2016 / 10:04 pm

All new roads to travel!! It does sound scary exciting. May you be blessed in the journey to your new adventure.

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:41 am

Hi Faye. The scary part of the exciting is that he’ll be based out of a huge city! Can you imagine?? 😊

Hopefully, we can find a place aways out of it to continue living our “country” life. Thank you for your sweet support!

• thechickengrandma October 12, 2016 / 10:39 am

The big city thing would throw me for a loop also! Will pray you find a country type area. A little oasis for you and your family.

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 1:23 pm

You and I would be quite a pair trying to get around that place! Forget interstates! Gravel roads for us! Ha!

Thank you for your prayers! ❤️

7. rabbitpatchdiary.com October 11, 2016 / 10:09 pm

best wishes! You will find beauty wherever you go-you know how to find it!

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:42 am

You having me grinning from ear to ear! Bless your heart! Thank you SO much Franscesca!! 😊🌻🌸

8. Miriam October 11, 2016 / 10:15 pm

New beginnings for you and your family Jess. It’s always hard saying goodbye to somewhere you love but I have a feeling this is just the start of another great adventure. It looks so gorgeous there. :) Hugs and warmest wishes my friend for whatever comes your way. xo

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 3:46 am

Hi soul sister! New beginnings- I LOVE that! You’re right, goodbyes are hard. What I love about that is, it means this place really means something to us. I think your hunch about a new adventure may be just what we need! My husband is BEYOND EXCITED about his job! I asked him if his heart was 100% behind this and he said YES! So, I’m in! 😊💜❤️

• Miriam October 12, 2016 / 4:25 pm

That’s soooo wonderful. I really am happy for you both, I can feel the excitement in your words Jess. Here’s to lots of love and laughter and wonderful times ahead for you. Can’t wait to come along for the ride. xo :)

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 4:56 pm

You’ll be “sitting” right beside me the whole time!!

• Miriam October 12, 2016 / 5:04 pm

You betcha I will! :)

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 5:24 pm

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

9. Bun Karyudo October 12, 2016 / 8:29 am

It can be hard to say goodbye, but I hope you love the new place too. :)

• Jessica October 12, 2016 / 8:48 am

Hi. Thank you. We have a few months before we list this house, so I’m hoping that I’ll sort of work my way into being ready. I plan on embracing every moment we can here- lots of pictures.

Thank you for reading. I’m sorry I’m so behind on reading yours…

• Bun Karyudo October 13, 2016 / 8:45 am

No problem. I hope it all works out for you. :)

10. watchingthedaisies October 12, 2016 / 12:36 pm

It sure looks lovely. Wishing you a shower of blessings for your journey.

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 3:30 am

Thank you so much! He’ll be so happy you said that! :) I’d love to find a place around that river. It is sooooooo beautiful there. The road in is so pretty, too.

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 1:29 pm

Thank you! Not sure what all our pets will think of it. We have a 15 year old black lab and three cats!

11. Wendy October 14, 2016 / 4:50 pm

From the beautiful images in these photographs, I definitely this it’s a case of ‘Moving On UP!’ and not just ‘moving on..’ Good luck with your new adventure! x

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 5:32 pm

Oh my gosh! That reminds me of that old tv show “The Jefferson’s!” The song totally popped into my head! 😊

I don’t know how lucky we could be to live in two beautiful areas in a row. ❤️

• Wendy October 14, 2016 / 6:02 pm

Haha – Yep that’s where it came from! You’re taking positive action toward the life of your dreams – that’s not just luck! and it’s inspiring.. x

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Awwwww. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Thank you for that. This is definitely a leap of faith. My husband believes it’s the right choice, so I’m choosing to believe, too. ❤️

• Wendy October 15, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Fantastic and I am sure it will be!! 😉X

12. Kally October 14, 2016 / 9:27 pm

Best of luck on your move!!

• Jessica October 14, 2016 / 9:55 pm

Hey, Kally. How are you? Thanks so much! How are those cats?? :)

• Kally October 14, 2016 / 11:56 pm

Those cats are seeking so much attention from me now especially since they are sensing a new addition incoming to the family. Hahaha!!! Have you settled in well and good?

• Jessica October 15, 2016 / 8:15 am

New addition?? I must’ve missed something!

• Kally October 16, 2016 / 9:59 am

Hahaha! I’m on my way to become a new mommy! 😁

• Jessica October 16, 2016 / 11:09 am

Wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I’m SO excited for you! 🎉💜😊❤️💗💖🎉🎉🎉

• Kally October 18, 2016 / 9:48 am

Hahahaha!!! Thank you!!!!! I have never been so excited and anxious at the same time, taking on a new challenge. This is so going to be a life changing moment!!!

• Jessica October 18, 2016 / 9:57 am

It’ll be the BEST thing you’ve ever done! Being a mom ROCKS! I love it! Absolutely LOVE it!!❤️

• Kally October 20, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Thanks!!! I’m pretty excited too!!! How are your pets taking in with the move? Everyone settling down okay?

• Jessica October 21, 2016 / 8:40 am

We’re not quite to the actual moving stage yet. Fixing the houses up so we can put them on the market. Have to sell one first, before we can physically move anything and buy another. So our 3 cats and dog are oblivious that their lives are going to flip upside down! Ha!

13. thecraftingbakinggodmum October 15, 2016 / 1:59 am

Looks so beautiful. Congrats on your husband new job and good luck with your move. Look forward to reading updates :)

• Jessica October 15, 2016 / 8:19 am

Hi. Thank you for your sweet words. He’s so excited. He’s already been working over there some this week. It’s a few hours from here. He loves his new job already. I hope we can find a place near that river. :)

• thecraftingbakinggodmum October 15, 2016 / 8:28 am

Looks stunning. Am sure you will create many more happy memories :)

• Jessica October 15, 2016 / 8:53 am

Thank you. That means a lot to me! ❤️

• thecraftingbakinggodmum October 15, 2016 / 8:59 am

Very welcome :)

14. Eskie Antics October 17, 2016 / 3:56 pm

Beautiful! Where is it? I love the views!

• Jessica October 17, 2016 / 4:50 pm

Missouri! Come visit! Alaska would love it! ☀️

• Eskie Antics October 27, 2016 / 3:21 pm

How beautiful! We’ll definitely be reaching out when we decide it’s finally time to take a break from NYC! :)

• Jessica October 27, 2016 / 3:51 pm

Awesome! Please do!

15. ladieswholunchreviews November 1, 2016 / 11:10 am

How beautiful! I know it’s hard to move. I have relatives near Lebanon and oldest’s best friend from when he was little lives near St. Louis. You will be fine, sounds like a great opportunity for your hubby! Just think, a new house to make into a home!

• Jessica November 1, 2016 / 11:14 am

Oh my goodness! How nice. Small world! You’re right. It’ll be wonderful. We’re looking for land and it’s a beautiful area. More opportunities. My husband is beyond excited!! ❤️