THIS Day

RIGHT now, in this moment, I am walking around my house smiling.

It’s November 1st, and our front door is wide open. My Little Bit is rattling the piano keys. The dog is panting. The cats are sleeping.

I stepped outside and found that the wind is in a duet with some bird who seems to be as happy in this day as I am.

Leftover ghosts, sway in the yard. Party signs still lead the way to Sunday’s fun afternoon we had here with friends.

That day the house was filled with kids and costumes. With laughter and noses wet from bobbing for apples.

The kids ran about and there was a barefoot baby on my wood floors. Is there anything better?

Today is filled with thoughts of Sunday, Little Bit’s songs, a table of leftover crafts, and sun that is streaming in all of our beautiful windows.

I love every single one of our every-single-days. And today, I’m finding myself pretty much in love with THIS day.

14 thoughts on “THIS Day

1. thechickengrandma November 1, 2016 / 9:52 pm

This sounds like the perfect day…..one spent in remembering the fun of the day before. Aaaahhhhhhh life is so good!
    Your pictures are really neat also.

• Jessica November 2, 2016 / 12:21 am

Hi there. Thank you so much. It’s great to reflect on happy days. Did you hear that bird chatting away? Love these warm days. :)

• thechickengrandma November 2, 2016 / 1:49 pm

I love to hear the birds chatting….makes me wonder what they are talking about :).

• Jessica November 2, 2016 / 2:45 pm

Bet it’s something good! :)

2. Debra Farmer November 2, 2016 / 8:29 am

I can only imagine all the fun that was had at the Halloween Fair. Love bobbing for apples! I like watching better than participating!!! And what wonderful/crazy weather. Not complaining! The cool front is just passing thru, a light rain this morning. Did you feel the earthquake last night. I didn’t nor did Wylie. Enjoy the day. Love from KS

• Jessica November 2, 2016 / 9:23 am

We did have fun. The kids really liked the Eyeball on a Spoon race! And hiding rubber spiders all over the yard and finding them!

Earthquake??? No wonder LB woke up so early. Sorry I missed yesterday morning. I was savoring these moments here and it slipped my mind. 💖

• Debra Farmer November 2, 2016 / 12:41 pm

Eyeballs on a Spoon…… ewww, how funny! What were they made of?
        We’ll catch up soon………..anytime!

• Jessica November 2, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Bubblegum eyeballs. :)

• Jessica November 2, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Aw! You’re so sweet! Thank you!

3. Miriam November 7, 2016 / 12:13 am

May you always be in love with life and this day. I echo your sentiments. xo

• Jessica November 7, 2016 / 12:24 am

I can “see” your version of what THIS day would be. Being in your house, Harry. Your husband and kiddos. The animals. Spring in the air. Your favorite coffee. Berry cake. 🎂

• Miriam November 7, 2016 / 1:27 am

Ooh yum, berry cake! Must bake another one soon, then you can come over … 😊

• Jessica November 7, 2016 / 5:57 am