Nature’s Turn to Speak

As many of you know, yesterday was Election Day here.

What you may not know, is that it was a pretty big day for us. You see, Little Bit turned 9 years and 11 months old.

Since he was born, we’ve not only celebrated every year since his birth, but also every month.

Call it extended gratitude from overcoming infertility, we celebrate this boy.

Yesterday we had a really great day, despite the weather. It was dreary. In fact, at 3:30 pm, it was so dark out, that it looked like sunset.

It was so weird. I kept asking if it was going to rain, but it never did.

This morning, I woke up to him singing and the sun was actually SHINING. I can’t tell you how refreshing that is.

For months, I have avoided the television because of all the terrible election campaign commercials and have dreaded going to my mailbox because every day it was full of alarming political ads.

A little bit ago, I walked outside and saw so many wonderful things:

• a sky so blue, I thought it was October
  • Queen Anne’s Lace has reappeared in the fields by my house
  • the sun was nearly bursting with beams
  • little spider webs so meticulous, that they stopped me in my tracks
  • grass wearing jewels
  • birds chattering without a care

Humans have done a lot of talking these past months, looks to me like today, it’s nature’s turn to speak.

30 thoughts on “Nature’s Turn to Speak

1. rabbitpatchdiary.com November 9, 2016 / 10:30 am

absolutely beautiful amd timely. Thank you for the peace and comfort.

• Jessica November 9, 2016 / 11:24 am

You’re welcome. Thanks for reading! ❤️

• Jessica November 9, 2016 / 11:57 am

Hi. They’re sweet, aren’t they? 💜

• Jessica November 9, 2016 / 11:59 am

Thank you. It’s a beautiful morning! ☀️

2. DailyMusings November 9, 2016 / 5:35 pm

beautiful and peaceful- perfect for today

• Jessica November 10, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Thank you. These November mornings are spoiling us. :)

• Jessica November 10, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Oh, I LOVE that. Perfect words. How are you doing? We had a hard frost this morning. At 8 am it was 36 degrees! Frosty truck windows even.

• thechickengrandma November 13, 2016 / 9:01 pm

We had a killing frost awhile back already! Two weeks ago our car sat out and I had to scrape windows every morning.

• Jessica November 14, 2016 / 1:19 am

Brrrrr!!!

The past few days, it’s frosted so hard, it looked like it snowed!

• Jessica November 14, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Maybe!! What have you heard? I haven’t seen anything about winter lately!

• thechickengrandma November 14, 2016 / 1:33 pm

We are hearing that for us our weekend might get to be slightly wintry looking! I should not be surprised as we are in November.

• Jessica November 14, 2016 / 2:41 pm

Wow! Grab a sled for me please! ❄️☃

• thechickengrandma November 14, 2016 / 5:16 pm

LOL Will do! I hope the weathermen are wrong!

3. thecraftingbakinggodmum November 10, 2016 / 8:25 am

Lovely and uplifting :)

• Jessica November 10, 2016 / 3:19 pm

Hi. Thank you. :)

• Jessica November 10, 2016 / 3:37 pm

Hi. Yes, it’s a Queen Anne’s Lace, too. Just not fully opened I think.

• Jessica November 11, 2016 / 9:58 am

I’ll go back over and see if it’s changed today. :)

4. Miriam November 10, 2016 / 8:39 pm

So beautiful. We should never, ever stop looking upwards and giving thanks for the gorgeous gifts of nature, hey Jess? Just as you never stop loving and giving thanks for your gorgeous Little Bit. 😊 Big hugs to both of you xo ❤️

• Jessica November 11, 2016 / 7:29 am

Aw! You grabbed my heart with that, Miri. ❤️❤️❤️ If we were neighbors, we’d be eating berry cake 🎂 Wouldn’t that be fun? Little Bit and your daughter could talk horses and our sons could talk science and we could take a thousand pictures of Lamby 💖

• Miriam November 11, 2016 / 3:40 pm

Aw, that sounds perfect! 😊 And we’d we laughing and talking like we’ve known each other for ever, which is how it feels. ❤️❤️

5. Debra Farmer November 12, 2016 / 3:04 pm

Love that you celebrate LB’s birthday every month! Every day is such a gift from God. Beautiful photos and thoughts.
    Can only imagine how busy you are. Love from KS

• Jessica November 12, 2016 / 3:40 pm

He’s a miracle boy! Thankful for each day… Thank you. Love taking nature’s pictures. ❤️