1916 Baker’s Chocolate Advertisement

Love this ad from 100 years ago. Especially because my grandpa was born on December 11, 1916 and he would’ve been 2 weeks old on his first Christmas Day.

December is a month full of birthdays in our family. Little Bit’s and mine, my other grandpa’s in 1921, my dad’s, and my sweet nephew Seth has a birthday today!

Happy birthday, Seth!

Thank you Miss Sheryl, for letting me share your post. Seeing it filled my heart with joy and smiles. Happy holidays to you and your family!

A Hundred Years Ago

Source: Good Housekeeping (December, 1916) Source: Good Housekeeping (December, 1916)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

View original post

14 thoughts on “1916 Baker’s Chocolate Advertisement

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Yes sir. And yours?

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Uneventful can be good! Yesterday about an hour ahead of us, the interstate was closed due to some fella at a rest stop causing issues. No one was hurt, thank goodness. It was cleared out by the time we got up that way. I’ll take calm and bright anytime! 😊😊😊

• Weird Guy With The Dog December 24, 2016 / 4:33 pm

I have no time left to get to a truck stop tonight so Vinny and I will dine under the stars in western maine. Great sunset though, pictures later!

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 9:10 pm

Oooo!!! That sounds awesome. Maybe you’ll see Santa pass over! 💜🎄🎄

1. SpiritualJourney17 December 24, 2016 / 10:11 am

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Oh…and Happy Belated Birthday.

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 2:53 pm

You’re always so very sweet! Thank you so much! 💜

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 9:09 pm

Thanks, sweetie! It was. 🎂🎂🎂

2. Happily Tanned December 26, 2016 / 8:44 am

Belated Birthday wishes!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family :-)

• Jessica December 26, 2016 / 2:32 pm

Wow, how nice! Thank you so much! Merry Christmas and a great 2017 to you, too. 😊🎄

3. thechickengrandma December 26, 2016 / 3:50 pm

Happy birthday to you and Little Bit! My dad, my husband, and daughter-in-law all have birthdays in December.

• Jessica December 27, 2016 / 10:07 am

You are sooooooo nice! Thank you! Sounds like you have a busy birthday month, too!