Love and Light

Are you in the thick of the holiday rush? In the last minute scramble to  cross off to-do lists? On a cleaning frenzy right before the guests arrive?

I love this time of year. Just think, in a couple of days, the countdown to Christmas will reset to 365 days. Which means if it’s only a couple of days…

It’s almost Christmas!

This week has actually been a relaxing one for us. Our oven is still broken and believe it or not, that’s been quite a gift. Not being able to bake freed up tons of time.

Instead of having my cookbooks sprawled about, we made our usual peanut butter balls, but this time we fancied them up with chocolate chips and cake decorations. They are sooooo cute!

Wednesday evening, we took a drive. About 15 miles from here is one of the most festive houses I’ve ever seen. They have hundreds of those blow up holiday lights.

Every year since Little Bit was a little bit, we have slowly driven by there. There’s so much for the eyes to take in. Last year, we drove through their circle driveway and this time, we parked and got out.

Talk about some fun! We were both smiling from ear to ear. Almost every character you can think of was there including Mickey, Rudolph, Hello Kitty, Santa, Hocas Pocas, Snoopy, and more. Can you imagine being a kid there?

They also had lights that moved about and looked like glitter on the ground. Oh my, we loved running and dancing in them! What wonderful memories we made!

I hope that whatever you do this weekend fills your heart with joy, love and light.

Merry Christmas.

25 thoughts on “Love and Light

1. Weird Guy With The Dog December 23, 2016 / 10:09 am

I will savor the fine dining at a truck stop so another driver can stay home with his kids. At least I have my kid Vinny with me!

• Jessica December 23, 2016 / 10:14 am

Again?? I hope you get a better meal than you did on Thanksgiving. 😊 Thank you for giving a family their dad for Christmas! 🎄🎄🎄

2. ladieswholunchreviews December 23, 2016 / 10:48 am

I’m just making a dessert and a jello mold to take to my brother and sister-in-law’s tomorrow when we celebrate Christmas Eve — 26 of us! Have a wonderful, wonderful holiday, Jessica. Love you!

• Jessica December 23, 2016 / 10:59 am

Oh I LOVE jello!!! 26 will be so wonderful!! Laughter will abound! Bet everyone is SO darn thankful YOU are still here. I know I am!! Keep kicking cancer’s ass! Merry Christmas! I love you oodles!!

• ladieswholunchreviews December 26, 2016 / 10:30 am

The jello was, of course, the best part of dinner, lol! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

• Jessica December 26, 2016 / 2:27 pm

JELLO RULES! 🎉🎉🎉 How did it go at your brother’s? Mine was sweet, lots of laughs, the sound of my little nephews bare feet barreling down wood floors (LOVE that), good food, and tons of smiles. ❤️

• ladieswholunchreviews December 26, 2016 / 6:23 pm

It was so nice being together with everyone, and getting to see the newest little ones!

• Jessica December 27, 2016 / 10:06 am

Oh! That sounds great!

3. Mrs Strawberry Blonde December 23, 2016 / 7:05 pm

How wonderful!

Darling, I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a fabulous time. xoxo

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 5:20 am

Hello sweetheart!! Thank you so much! It’s going well so far. Came to my parent’s yesterday and had a houseful of laughter, game playing, food, and present opening last night. 🎄🎄 Santa will arrive this evening and there will be 3 happy lil kiddos tomorrow morning. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too. Love and hugs coming your way!

• Mrs Strawberry Blonde December 24, 2016 / 10:50 am

Thank you so much, hun! xx

I’m glad to hear you’re all set up and ready for Christmas. Sounds like your entire family is going to have a wonderful time. Take care and enjoy the food, the laughter, the chats, the play, the presents and all the fun really. xo

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Aww!! You summed up a happy Christmas. Love and cheer to you!

4. Debra Farmer December 24, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Have a wonderful Christmas my dear friend.

• Jessica December 24, 2016 / 2:51 pm

You, too, sweetie!

5. thecobweboriumemporium December 24, 2016 / 4:31 pm

Hello Jessica
    Just stopping by to send my Christmas wishes to you.
    May a blanket of joy cover you home, bringing with it love and kindness, smiles and warmth and peace. May peace fill your home and contentment be yours.
    Sending love and squidges ~ Cobs. x

• Jessica December 28, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Hi! I’m a tad late responding! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE what you wrote. So much grace in your words. I’ll be forever grateful that our paths have crossed. Merry Christmas!

6. Ann Coleman December 29, 2016 / 1:07 pm

I love looking at the Christmas lights and decorations too! We have an entire street near our house that is decorated, called “Candy Cane Lane” and we make sure we visit every year. Happy Holidays!

• Jessica December 29, 2016 / 1:18 pm

Oh!! That sounds like something we would love to go to! Thank you for reading and for being here! Welcome! Hope you have a wonderful 2017!