23 thoughts on “This Old Door

• Jessica February 6, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Hi! I’m so excited to see you here. Welcome and thank you for commenting!

The door is actually at the same cemetery where Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family are laid to rest. This door is on a little memorial building for someone else in the cemetery. So unique! :)

• leadership2mommyship February 6, 2017 / 10:07 pm

Oh wow how intriguing that visit must have been. It’s always neat to consider how they must have lived, likes and dislikes. I always think about what it might have been like during their era. That is unique!

1. Jessica February 6, 2017 / 10:26 pm

How different it must have been! No central heat or air, no electricity or indoor plumbing (at least part of the time), sleeping on a hay filled sheet for a mattress, traveling in a wagon… Times sure have changed. :)

2. karenlee February 7, 2017 / 11:15 am

A memorial door. How fitting! I was just sitting here trying to “decide” where it has been hanging all these years, and imagining how fun it would be to sit a spell–ice cream cone in hand, of course–trying to “see” who came and went over the years. :)

• Jessica February 7, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Yum! Ice cream!! I didn’t think about wondering the comings and goings of this beautiful door. Guess this one has Heavenly purposes. ❤️

3. thecraftingbakinggodmum February 7, 2017 / 12:57 pm

Fantastic pictures. Imagine the stories they could tell :)

• Jessica February 7, 2017 / 3:07 pm

I appreciate that SO much! Thanks, friend! 😊🌻

• thecraftingbakinggodmum February 8, 2017 / 1:37 am

very welcome :)

• Jessica February 7, 2017 / 5:15 pm

Hi!! Thanks so much! :)

• Jessica February 8, 2017 / 2:44 pm

You would LOVE that cemetery!

• Debra Farmer February 8, 2017 / 3:41 pm

Cemeteries amaze me. Wylie and I were at one yesterday and I looked on Find A Grave and there were 6 requests for photos. We looked and couldn’t find any, but being that it as 32 and windy I didn’t take much time. Will return on a warmer day!

• Jessica February 8, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Brrrr!!!!!! Pretty neat though!

• Jessica February 8, 2017 / 6:58 pm

You make me SMILE!! 😊😊

4. thechickengrandma February 9, 2017 / 3:37 pm

That is a very cool door! It looks like something out of Arabian nights or something.

5. restlessjo February 11, 2017 / 8:03 am

Yes, I can see the appeal :)

• Jessica February 11, 2017 / 8:07 am

Thank you- it’s a bit of old world/ welcoming, but not exactly in the sense of coming in. More of a welcome home. 💜

6. thecobweboriumemporium February 12, 2017 / 8:51 am

I love it too. It has history. A story. If it could talk it would empart not only it’s story, and not only the things it’s seen, heard and experienced, but it would give you a new perspective. A new way of looking at something …. anything.

Fabulous!

• Jessica February 12, 2017 / 12:02 pm

Wow, I love your insight. Seems like the focus of doors is what’s in them. Your comment has opened my eyes to what may be seen on the other side as well. ❤️❤️ Thank you!!