17 thoughts on “Canadian Goose

1. thejuicenut March 5, 2017 / 5:12 am

We have a tiny lake nearby, a mere in local parlance, where a couple of swans nest every year. In the late spring they gather their brood and walk, yes walk, along the streets to the canal on the other side of town where they spend the rest of the year until flying back to the mere at New Year. A couple of years ago. For some reason, the swans didn’t appear. However, one day I looked out of my bedroom window and saw a pair of Canada geese and their babies making the same trek past our gate on their way to the canal! How do they know these things?

• Jessica March 5, 2017 / 10:15 pm

Oh my gosh, that’s the best story ever!! Reminds me of one of our favorite books, “Make Way for Ducklings” by Robert McCloskey. Oh, how I would love to see a bird family walking down the street!

• thejuicenut March 6, 2017 / 2:48 am

The police have to stop the traffic, people keep their eye on them all the way there and we look out for the annual photo in the local newspaper.

• Jessica March 6, 2017 / 7:22 am

Awesome!! I hope you get to see a family this year, too!

• Jessica March 5, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Thank you. She was so beautiful and was only standing a few feet from me.

• Jessica March 6, 2017 / 7:19 am

OMG you’re ornery!! 😊😊

2. Debra Farmer March 11, 2017 / 4:02 pm

Beautiful photos! Watch out when they start nesting as they can be so protective.!

• Jessica March 11, 2017 / 4:14 pm

Hey girl, where have you been? Haven’t seen you in a while. Thank you, it was a pretty day. Oh yes, those mommas get quite nasty when nests are nearby…

• Debra Farmer March 11, 2017 / 5:13 pm

I’ve been keeping busy, mostly getting things ready for the CPA and finishing up year end. I’ve miss you!! But when I sit down at the computer it’s been to “work”. This next week should be the end of it, hopefully.
        We had a light dusting of snow today. Certainly need the moisture as Kansas has been having numerous wildfires.
        Winter certainly isn’t quite ready to give up yet.
        ♥ from KS

3. Miriam March 13, 2017 / 4:35 am

These are gorgeous pics Jess, though I have to admit I have some stressful memories of being chased by some aggressive geese when I was a little girl!

• Jessica March 13, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Oh no!!! They can definitely be mean. Sorry to hear they chased you!! :) Thank you- clicking the shutter button was easy- she was the show!

4. Satpura Tiger Reserve March 20, 2017 / 12:57 am

Ravishing shots. She has awesome balance..Beautiful photographs! Keep an eye out when they begin settling as they can be so defensive..

• Jessica March 20, 2017 / 8:18 am

Thank you. She was an easy subject. Great point- they certainly get defensive when the eggs and babies show up. I’ll steer clear at that time. Thank you for your comment. :)

5. Candice~Marie March 29, 2017 / 1:55 am

Wonderful photos of the goose. 🌟🌞☄They usually look at me and run away! LOL!

• Jessica March 29, 2017 / 9:02 am

Thank you! Ha ha! How funny!