37 thoughts on “Tadpoles

• Jessica April 9, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Thanks. We’ve had a lot of rain lately and there are these giant flat rocks that sort of have pockets in them. I guess the water got high and filled up those holes and they are just packed with tadpoles. Hundreds of them. We just sat there and watched them swim and eat algae. 😊😊

• Jessica April 9, 2017 / 10:21 pm

Hi! How are you doing tonight? I can’t even tell you how many there were. They were tiny and swimming all around. Love babies! Even baby frogs! :)

• ladieswholunchreviews April 9, 2017 / 10:23 pm

I’m great. We had an out of town funeral on Friday that was difficult, but we are home now and better…

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 9:41 am

Oh honey, I am sorry to hear you had to go to a funeral. Hugs. I am glad you are doing better.

• ladieswholunchreviews April 10, 2017 / 9:46 am

Thanks, hubby’s brother’s wife in TN. It was so sad, we really thought she was getting better…

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 9:51 am

Oh no, sweetheart. There are no words of comfort when loss is so unexpected. Can’t imagine how much she will be missed. Feel free to email me if you need to chat. Love you, girl.

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 10:01 am

Muwahhhhhhh!!

1. robbiesinspiration April 9, 2017 / 11:33 pm

Such fun to watch tadpoles. I remember watching them when I was a girl. It was so interesting to see them change when the little legs start growing.

• Jessica April 9, 2017 / 11:57 pm

Oh, what a great memory. Thank you for sharing. It is neat to see them change. Maybe we will go back in a few days and see if they are any different.

2. Debra Farmer April 10, 2017 / 6:48 am

I love this!!! It had been years (probably decades) since I’ve seen tadpoles. How exciting. Wonderful memories🐸
    That’s a bunch of them. What is a “flock” of baby tadpoles called?

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 9:39 am

Good morning, sunshine! Bet you saw tons of tadpoles when your big boy was a little boy! Glad this post brought back memories. Little Bit and I looked it up and it says a group of frogs or a group of tadpoles is called an army. How funny. Army is not anything close to what came to mind when we saw all those babies. “Miracle” describes them a lot better!

3. thejuicenut April 10, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Haven’t seen tadpoles since I was a girl. Reminds me though of when our teacher had an aquarium of tadpoles on the classroom that we were studying. We went home on the Friday for the weekend, excited because they had developed one set of legs, and when we returned on Monday morning, there were tiny frogs leaping all over the classroom! πŸ˜„

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Awwww!!! That is the best story EVER. I can just imagine all of your guy’s joy when you arrived on Monday morning. Love that you shared that! Thank you!

4. thechickengrandma April 10, 2017 / 9:37 pm

And did you take some home in the water so you could watch them change and grow? Tadpoles are so cool.

• Jessica April 10, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Rats!!! No ma’am. May run down there tomorrow and see if they’re still little. Great idea!!

• thechickengrandma April 11, 2017 / 11:51 am

My sister in law did that as a home school project for science one time. Plus my boys were always dragging something home to see what would happen as it grew.

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 2:56 pm

Wow- what a great idea she had. We’re going back by there today to see if they’re still there. Maybe I’ll take a little jar along. We have a pond by our house so we could set them free there. :)

I bet you had a lot of fun with those boys of your!

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 4:38 pm

I bet! PS that makes me smile!

5. Ruthie's Crafting Corner April 11, 2017 / 8:37 am

Great photo! Gotta love tadpoles :) Enjoy your walk to the creek it is so great to see the changes happen!

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 8:59 am

Thank you. Hope to go there today and see how big they are. So fun to watch. Hope you have a wonderful day!

6. Mrs Strawberry Blonde April 11, 2017 / 11:11 am

Ah, spring has arrived!
    These little fellas are adorable. Thanks for taking these photos, they put a smile on my face. :)

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 11:20 am

Hi! You’re awesome. 😊😊🌻

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 11:21 am

You wouldn’t believe how many there were!!

• Jessica April 11, 2017 / 11:21 am

Glad they put a smile on your face! That makes my day! Thank you! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

7. Sheryl April 13, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Great pictures! I love the small wonders of life.

• Jessica April 13, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Thank you. We have been back twice to check on them. Today they still look mostly the same. Some are bigger, but still no legs. Pretty fun to watch.