13 thoughts on “Crosses

1. thechickengrandma July 9, 2017 / 8:48 pm

It seems like our old headstones in the cemeteries have a lot of lambs on them. Not sure why that is!

• Jessica July 9, 2017 / 9:36 pm

It’s so weird that you said that. I took a picture of a worn out flower pot at the cemetery gate. There was an old flag in it and a Jesus with the lambs at his feet. I almost shared it here. It is the neatest picture.

I love poking around old Iowa cemeteries. So much history there.

• thechickengrandma July 10, 2017 / 1:35 pm

I grew up in a small town. Our house was across from a catholic cemetery. As kids we spent a lot of time there for some reason.

• Jessica July 10, 2017 / 1:58 pm

What a nice place to grow up. We lived next to a cemetery when I was little. They must be comforting because we liked it there. I still like them.

2. DailyMusings July 10, 2017 / 6:37 am

All so different. I like the one with the candle

• Jessica July 10, 2017 / 7:54 am

It’s a pretty one. :)

3. amischiefmanaged July 10, 2017 / 8:04 am

Absolutely beautiful. Can feel the hush just looking at your photos. We are just back from the Isle of Islay in Scotland where we explored so many chapel ruins and graveyards, and Celtic ringed crosses, some from the 1300s. I can’t believe the quiet and peace still there despite all the years that have passed. Lovely post.

• Jessica July 10, 2017 / 10:27 am

Hi. Thank you so much. Wow. That sounds like an amazing trip. I would love to see crosses from the 1300’s. Bet the peace there was beyond words…

• thejuicenut July 10, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Iona is the same – there are the graves of 6 Scottish kings in the grounds of the abbey.

• Jessica July 10, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing!

• thejuicenut July 11, 2017 / 4:38 am

The sea is so clear, and we woke up to cows strolling along the beach! 😄

• Jessica July 11, 2017 / 8:22 am