Miracle Mommas

Roots and wings. Is it possible to have both at the very same time?

In my post, “The Wind and the Waves,” (you can read it here if you’d like) I told you about how I stepped away from months of endless medical research and found myself on a beach during our vacation last month.

Found myself? How does that even happen? Was I lost? I mean, one minute I was just standing in knee high waves and the next, I had a sudden urge for dreadlocks and a tattoo. (Sorry, Dad!)

Bam! The gypsy soul in me returned.

It makes sense, really. Mom raised us on Fleetwood Mac. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I didn’t go to college, I took life’s adventurous path instead.

Welcome back, free spirit! Man, it’s been awhile.

I feel more like myself than I have in f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I’m really not sure what prompted this new awakening. Perhaps sending those “what if’s” out to sea was enough to cause a shift in my life.

Whatever it is, I am running with it and now feels like the perfect time to expand my writing by sharing more of our journey.

If you’ve been around here awhile, you may recall that Little Bit is a genuine miracle. It’s true, he is. Another huge miracle is that I was able to get and stay pregnant with him.

So, I’m going to take a chance here and venture to say that having roots and wings at the same time certainly is possible. I am hoping my Iowa roots will keep me grounded, while my gypsy writing lets me soar.

And, with that, I’d love to introduce you to my brand new category called Miracle Mommas.

38 thoughts on “Miracle Mommas

1. thechickengrandma August 24, 2017 / 8:27 am

What a wonderful mix….Iowa roots holding firm, tethering you so you can float and wander like a gypsy! So glad you “found” yourself in the wind and waves,.

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 8:44 am

Hi Faye, I absolutely L❤️VE what you said!! Tethering is the perfect word. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

• thechickengrandma August 24, 2017 / 8:48 am

just so glad you are back writing! I am well tethered today…taking care of grandkids. This was my last day and then I head home. They both woke up sick! stomach flu…..not sure I will get a post in today!

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 10:47 am

Oh noooo! The stomach flu? I’m sorry to hear that! Prayers that they feel better soon and that you stay healthy, too!

• thechickengrandma August 24, 2017 / 11:22 am

If I get it I hope it waits till I am back home tonite…driving and throwing up do not go together…

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Oh man! Fingers crossed!

• thechickengrandma August 25, 2017 / 1:33 pm

So far so good! Back home and not sick.

• Jessica August 26, 2017 / 8:16 am

Yay!!

2. rabbitpatchdiary.com August 24, 2017 / 10:02 am

oh-this sounds like a nice project! I am looking forward to your posts! So very happy you are back-I sure missed you!

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 10:53 am

Hi sweetheart. I missed you, too! Feel like I just “got off the train.” ❤️

3. thejuicenut August 24, 2017 / 2:47 pm

I’ve been wondering where you were, I thought I’d lost you, but there you were just away finding yourself, and I’m very happy you did 😊💜

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 6:50 pm

Hey sweetie. I have been ‘away.’ That’s a great way to put it. It’s been a journey, that’s for sure. You’re kind of stuck with me, so worries about losing me. You’ve been a rock in my health journey, sooooo kind to me. ❤️

• thejuicenut August 25, 2017 / 4:20 am

It’s good to take time out every once in a while 😊 Happy to see your photos again, they are a lovely form of meditation that I look forward to 💜

• Jessica September 7, 2017 / 9:30 am

Wow! Just saw this! Thank you so very much. ❤️

4. Miriam August 24, 2017 / 4:16 pm

I’m so excited for you Jess. To find yourself but still feel grounded and free at the same time is like a new beginning. Go Gypsy girl! Sending you big hugs ❤️

• Jessica August 24, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Oh my gosh, Miri! You may be right. A new beginning. Love that “Gypsy girl.” ❤️❤️❤️

5. thecobweboriumemporium August 24, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Isn’t it wonderous how the sea can remove one thing which is troubling to you, but replace it with something else. I’m so blessed to be living by the sea and I love to visit it and just sit. Doing nothing but being at one with this most incredible force of nature. And … I always come away feeling less troubled, less ‘fed up’, less … lost.

I’m so thankful that you are feeling like there is a direction to head in, in your life.
    I’m also thankful for your Little Bit. He’s that bit of magic which happened, and gave you hope.
    Sending squidges ~ Cobs. x

• Jessica September 7, 2017 / 9:36 am

Holy moly, I thought I responded… I apologize ❤️❤️❤️ How fortunate that you live by the sea. Bet that is energizing and healing at the same time. It’s so weird because when I ‘found’ myself in that ocean, I realized why I am always seeking water! Total water girl here. No wonder we go to the creek so much. Plus I told my husband that I will only move to a house that has a pond or creek!! Ha ha. NOW I know why!

• Jessica September 7, 2017 / 9:37 am

What you said about Little Bit touched my heart. Thank you so much! Love you so very much! ❤️❤️❤️

6. Aspiring Mountain Mama August 25, 2017 / 12:30 pm

It’s so wonderful to have rediscovered your free spirit! I’m a big Fleetwood Mac fan myself! 😊

• Jessica August 26, 2017 / 8:18 am

Stevie!!!! 🦋🦋🦋

• Aspiring Mountain Mama August 26, 2017 / 9:42 am

I remember as a young girl going through my aunts albums & in awe of her beauty! I always loved her clothes & her dancing! 🦋🤘🏼🦋

• Jessica August 26, 2017 / 11:50 am

What a fabulous memory! We had one of those big wooden stereos and my mom would get out her albums and crank it up. We all danced around the living room. Stevie was almost like a goddess to me- she always seemed so free. And, when she hurt, she owned it. A real soul in beautiful clothes. I still have one of her solo albums in my hope chest.

• Jessica August 26, 2017 / 8:19 am

Thank you. Yes ma’am, it’s like coming home all over again. 😊😊

• Jessica August 26, 2017 / 8:20 am

I’ve been singing Gypsy, Sara, and Rhiannon for days❤️❤️

7. chasingjameson September 6, 2017 / 3:43 pm

I love this! We need more free spirits in this world🙌❤️

• Jessica September 6, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Hi there. Thank you so much. I haven’t quite made the plunge to tattoos quite yet, but I am thinking of it. Ha ha. Thanks for commenting. :)

• Jessica September 7, 2017 / 9:28 am

Definitely. I’ve wanted one F O R E V E R. A friend drew me my design years ago. It’s a daisy with heart shaped petals. Soooo sweet. Two years ago I got some mystery illness and since then, I’ve been afraid to get one. Standing on the beach that day, it was like releasing all that fear and SEEING myself. My true self. Geez uz, what a gift. Now I want a butterfly tattoo, too. 🦋🦋🦋

• chasingjameson September 7, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Your life is how you view it, and I’m glad you found that gift! 💕

• Jessica September 7, 2017 / 4:29 pm