Always Welcome Here

It’s Sunday morning and we are at the cabin in the woods. I’m sitting on the porch eating potato chips for breakfast and listening to the birds and cicadas rattle on about their Sunday sermons.

Around me are empty seats and if you were here, I’d offer you one. Then, I’d probably start in on my own rattling about the beauty of this day, the wind singing through the trees, and the peace that comes with just sitting and breathing.

I’d like to think there’d be some quietness between the chit chit, a bit of silence for mindless thinking, and even a possible catnap, if time allowed.

After we got our fill of potato chips, stories, and good old fashioned belly laughs, you’d announce that you need to get on the road. Got a busy week ahead. Things to do, meals to make, family to care for.

I’d tell you I totally understand, we have a full week of this or that. We’d say what a great morning it’s been catching up, and I’d probably remind you way too many times to come by anytime and grab a seat because you’re always welcome here.Β

24 thoughts on “Always Welcome Here

• Jessica August 27, 2017 / 1:54 pm

They have their own stories to tell, years of use. :)

• Jessica August 27, 2017 / 2:00 pm

How nice of you. Bet that makes a lot of people happy. 😊😊

• Jessica August 27, 2017 / 4:02 pm

Oh how nice! I bet your friends and family love that! ❀️

• Jessica August 27, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Thank you, sweet girl! ❀️

• Jessica August 27, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Thank you. Come by anytime: πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

1. watchingthedaisies August 28, 2017 / 7:39 am

What a fabulous way to start the day. I love those chairs. 🌼🌼🌼

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 6:20 am

Hi. It was a great start to a Sunday, thank you. Come here over anytime, you can pick your color. πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 6:42 am

How are you doing? Shingles behaving?

• watchingthedaisies August 29, 2017 / 7:29 am

Bless you Jessica. I am feeling very sad. My sister is in the hospice and nearing the end of her battle with cancer. How are you keeping? 🌼

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 7:34 am

Oh honey, I am sad to hear that you are sad and of her being in hospice. My heart goes out to you. May Angels surround you. Hugs my dear, sweet friend.

2. thecobweboriumemporium August 28, 2017 / 7:52 am

I may not be there in body, Jessica, but believe me …. I’m there in spirit. My spirit is sat with you and holding your hand, just enjoying in the sights and sounds of nature doing what nature does best.

Nothing can replace those moments when nature wakes up. Nothing can replicate the sound … for it’s not just a sound. It’s also a feeling.
    A truly beautiful post Jessica…. and I feel that all those apparently empty chairs aren’t empty at all. You’re not alone. Not only are there a hundred thousand Angels by your side … there are the spirites of others who you have known or do know, who are with you.

Thank you for this uplifting, wonderful post.
    Sending my love ~ Cobs. x

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 6:25 am

Oh my gosh, you just made my day. Angels? I’ll take them. ❀️❀️❀️ Perhaps you’re right, maybe you hopped over an ocean and joined me for chips and chatter. πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹ Hope you have a wonderful day.

• thecobweboriumemporium August 29, 2017 / 9:34 am

Happy Tuesday Jessica.
        My spirit absolutely hopped over and joined you.
        Wishing you a truly lovely, peace filled day.
        Sending squidges and smiles ~ Cobs. x <3 <3 <3

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 9:57 am

Come over anytime! πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸŒΈπŸ¬

3. rabbitpatchdiary.com August 28, 2017 / 4:21 pm

how nice to have a cabin in the woods! You should do something there at Christmas! Oh wouldn’t I love to have a visit with you there . . . or anywhere! lovely post and so very you! love michele

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 6:29 am

Hi. We have had Christmas there. It was the best. When Little Bit was little, we loaded up, took our 2 dogs and went there. We cut our own Christmas tree, sat by kerosene lanterns, and woke up to find that Santa even comes to the middle of nowhere. πŸ’œβ™₯️😊

Come anytime. I’ll always welcome you with open arms.

• rabbitpatchdiary.com August 29, 2017 / 7:04 am

that is perfect-what a beautiful Christmas story-write about it this year!! Litttle Bit is so very rich!

• Jessica August 29, 2017 / 7:13 am

Maybe we’ll have Christmas there this year. πŸ’œβ™₯️