Hitting the Road

My Little Bit made his grand entrance into this world 11 years ago today. Although I loved a lot of things before his arrival, seeing him for the very first time sparked an all encompassing sort of love.

There is nothing in this world like motherhood. Trust me, on this one. 5 years of infertility and loss, pretty much cemented in how truly amazing holding your own baby is. Since the day this kiddo was born, he has been loved beyond words and celebrated even on days not his birthday.

I have to pinch myself when I think about how the moments, hours, and days flash by. One minute a baby, blink, blink, blink, and the next, a kiddo reading chapter books and seeking a bit of independence.

Most of these 11 years have been spent seeing the world via maps, gravel roads, and highways. A good chunk of our memories so far, include cruising our local countryside, taking pictures, and savoring the views.

Just last night, on the last night of age 10, we drove around town looking at Christmas lights, then took the backroads home. On some ol’ bridge, we rolled down our windows in 20 degree weather, and were greeted with a zillion-ish stars.

In a few hours, we are heading south for our weeklong birthday “party.” The beach is, once again, calling our names.

We let Little Bit pick out where we’ll stay and he chose a beautiful condo with a pool, boardwalk, and a Gulf of Mexico view.

Talk about excited, this momma’s birthday wishes are coming true and thanks to my wonderful husband who was able to get a week off work in December, we are hitting the road.

29 thoughts on “Hitting the Road

1. thejuicenut December 8, 2017 / 1:23 pm

Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‚ Have a lovely holiday and enjoy the warmth – freezing temps and snow here today, Christmas tree’s up, lights are up, woodburner’s lit, Autumn has officially departed and Winter has arrived โ„๏ธ๐ŸŽ„

• Jessica December 8, 2017 / 3:56 pm

Hi!!! Thank you so much. Birthday is going great. We are about 3 hours from our hotel for tonight. Then, in the morning, we head towards beach views. Snow??? How much did you get?

• thejuicenut December 9, 2017 / 6:02 am

A couple of inches have stuck today, it was snowing on and off all yesterday, but it was that watery snow that only stayed on the gardens then quickly disappeared from the paths. I opened the curtains this morning and it was a complete white-out. Various people have cancelled appointments including hairdresser ๐Ÿ˜ฑ And kitchen decorator – we have no doors on our cupboards and she was due to refit them but couldn’t get out of her village.

• Jessica December 9, 2017 / 8:59 am

Sounds like a great day for a cup of tea and a book! ๐Ÿฆ‹โ˜ƒ๏ธ

• thejuicenut December 9, 2017 / 9:06 am

We finshed the Christmas decorations, took some gifts to a local charity for impoverished children and elderly people and now we’re about to make soup ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Jessica December 10, 2017 / 2:52 am

Wow! That is absolutely wonderful!! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

2. thecobweboriumemporium December 8, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Happy Birthday to your son, and wishing you all a great trip. Looking forward to seeing some wonderful photos. :) ~ Cobs. x ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ‰

• Jessica December 8, 2017 / 10:37 pm

Hi Cobs! How are you sweetie? Thank you. We are in the south now and will finish out the 3 hour drive to the beach in the morning. There’s snow here! Everywhere! Even the palm trees are covered in snow! โ˜ƒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŒˆ

3. rabbitpatchdiary.com December 9, 2017 / 6:44 am

Happy Happy birthday to “Little Bit”! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

• Jessica December 9, 2017 / 9:00 am

Hi sweetheart. Thank you so much. Are on our way to the beach right now. There’s snow everywhere!

• rabbitpatchdiary.com December 10, 2017 / 6:34 am

I know! I have been keeping up with you! What a magical thing to see children who rarely get snow!

• Jessica December 11, 2017 / 1:34 am

Yes ma’am. And it’s so wonderful talking to folks down here who recognize the beauty in such things. ๐Ÿ’œ

4. Ann Coleman December 12, 2017 / 2:57 pm

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthdays! Enjoy!

• Jessica December 12, 2017 / 5:22 pm

Hi. How are you? Thank you. We’ve never been on a winter vacation. When we were here in July, I told my husband I’d sure like to come back for Christmas. Then, I thought birthdays would be fun. ๐Ÿฌโค๏ธYay for December birthdays. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Ann Coleman December 12, 2017 / 6:08 pm

I’m sure you will love it! And I’m fine, thanks for asking!!

• Jessica December 12, 2017 / 7:54 pm

You’re welcome. Hey how’s your dog?

• Ann Coleman December 12, 2017 / 10:31 pm

She’s showing her age (over 16, and she’s mid-sized), but still hanging in there. I had a party last night for my animals shelter friends, and she was in her glory. Getting lots of treats, so tired she was almost asleep on her paws, but refusing to miss a minute of the fun (or food). She’s slept most of the day, no surprise there!

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 7:52 am

Oh my gosh, princess of the party! Sounds like a wonderful party. Glad she’s doing well. Our dog is 15 and sleeps most of the time, party or not. Ha ha. 16 is amazing. Did her seizure thingy stop?

5. Miriam December 13, 2017 / 1:01 am

Big belated birthday wishes. Wishing you all happiness, love and lots of smiles and laughter. Big hugs to you ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’•

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 7:45 am

Hi Miri. Thank you so much! Love you. ๐ŸŒธ

• Miriam December 13, 2017 / 2:08 pm

Love you back ๐Ÿ’

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 4:06 pm

Muwahh! โค๏ธPS I am walking around on an island RIGHT now!

• Miriam December 13, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Awwww how awesome ๐Ÿ’• Soak up some of that sea air for me too.

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 4:24 pm

Deal. โค๏ธ

• Miriam December 13, 2017 / 4:24 pm

๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Thank you . We made it safely and are on the island.

6. robbiesinspiration December 13, 2017 / 11:18 pm

Congratulations on 11 years and welcome to the pre-teen years [smile]. My Michael is going to be 12 in January and the time has just raced past.

• Jessica December 13, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Pre-teens??? Yikes! Ha ha. I 100% agree about the time. Goes so darn quick. Happy early birthday to your Michael. โค๏ธ