December Vacation

We are 5 days into our birthday at the beach. According to this sign that’s hanging on the wall in our condo rental, we are pretty much on track! Well, except for one thing. sunscreen. Oops!

• We’ve soaked up the sun.
  • I took a nap on the balcony today.
  • My husband and Little Bit built sand castles.
  • The first night we got here, we played a sports trivia game and we laughed so hard. Sports is not really my expertise.
  • We’ve enjoyed the beach several times, including this evening.
  • There’s a gorgeous indoor pool, so we swam and played.
  • We are rocking RELAX. My favorite question of the week is: “should we stay on the island or go do something?” Island is the key word here.
  • I’m always barefoot.
  • So far, we’ve taken long walks at the fort and on a few beaches.
  • Eat seafood? Why yes! Only every single day! There is a fresh seafood market on the island. We bought red snapper, grouper, two kinds of shrimp, blue crab claws, and raw oysters. Needless to say, we have feasted well every day so far. Yum!

I’m so glad they have this sign! It totally reiterates these awesome moments we’ve been having on our first ever, December vacation.

15 thoughts on “December Vacation

1. The Snow Melts Somewhere December 14, 2017 / 3:16 am

Oh gosh, I wish I were there! Not just on a holiday, but living barefoot everyday… oh maybe one day? Someone really summed it up well in that sign! :)

• Jessica December 14, 2017 / 5:49 am

Wouldn’t it be fun to be a barefoot momma with barefoot babies everyday? 😊😊😊 I agree about the sign. ❤️ Every time we sit down to eat, I stare at it. A few days ago, I told my husband that we were doing great- had several things checked off already.

The last few things on our to-do list are a walk thru garden adorned in festive Christmas lights and a trip across the bay on the ferry for go-cart fun and maybe a beach walk. Thank you so much for commenting and reading. Hope you and the little ones have a wonderful day.

• Jessica December 14, 2017 / 6:44 am

Thank you. Have a lovely day. 🦋🦋

2. Ann Coleman December 14, 2017 / 9:56 am

Looks fabulous! Relax and enjoy, but remember that all-important sun screen!

• Jessica December 14, 2017 / 6:58 pm

Hi, thank you. Yes, you may be right. 😊

• Jessica December 14, 2017 / 7:01 pm

Thank you so much. Yes ma’am. It’s pretty awesome.

3. Anne Mehrling December 14, 2017 / 7:47 pm

I never thought of a December vacation! John always had off between Christmas and New Year’s, but we never went anywhere. You are making the most of yours, and that is fantastic.

• Jessica December 15, 2017 / 1:30 am

Hi. Thank you. I hadn’t of thought of a December vacation myself until I was standing in the ocean in July. Suddenly, the idea was planted in my mind. It turned out to be a wonderful time to come. No traffic or crowds, no lines to stand in, we’ve beaches are wide open and so welcoming. Plus, rental rates are super reasonable. We are really loving being here. Thank you for your comments. Hope you have a wonderful day.

• Jessica December 15, 2017 / 2:24 pm

Thank you so much. It’s our last day. ❤️

4. robbiesinspiration December 17, 2017 / 5:40 am

This sounds so wonderful. Glad to hear this holiday is going so well.

• Jessica December 17, 2017 / 6:31 pm

Thank you so much. On our way home now. Only have about 30 miles left.