The River Bank

“In the silence of an ordinary Tuesday, everyone is missing this,” are the thoughts I had this evening as I approached the boat ramp.

Seven miles away, parking lots were full of shoppers, some were getting groceries, others getting gas, and some were maybe even getting off work and heading home.

But, there I stood, soaking in the “everything.” There was quietness, but the sound of the current. The sun was dropping behind the trees across the way. The water shimmered this way and that, and the only one who noticed was me.

Yesterday, someone reminded me about hiking and that’s when I realized, we haven’t been. Somewhere in the steps of daily life, I had forgotten nature’s path. The one that keeps me centered, grounded, and gracious.

This “call” of sorts appeared today to get back to the woods. So, at sunset, we made our way up a windy road, through a forest of no leaves, to a paradise completely vacant.

For all the days I’ve spent so busy trying to find my own feet, I found them right where they belong, on the river bank.

10 thoughts on “The River Bank

• Jessica December 19, 2018 / 9:20 pm

Thank you so much! I love that you like them!

• Jessica December 19, 2018 / 8:52 pm

Ohhhh. I’m so sorry to hear that. What a beautiful tribute.

1. thechickengrandma December 20, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! They are wonderful and yes to get out and really “see” what is around you is a wonderful gift.

• Jessica December 21, 2018 / 6:42 pm

It sure is. ❤️This place we moved has gifts everywhere Nature wise. I feel so lucky! Hope you’re doing great! Ready for Christmas?

• Jessica December 22, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Thank you. ❤️ I missed you, too!

2. Kim Luker December 26, 2018 / 9:15 pm

I love it, Jessica. Thank you for the beauty!

• Jessica December 27, 2018 / 8:54 am

Well, hello!! I didn’t know you were on here! Love that! Welcome to our life of nature and the outdoors. This new area we moved to is full of Mother Nature. ❤️