Sunday Fun Days

Yesterday we went over to Van Buren. It was pretty cold for getting out, but we grabbed our coats and out we went.

I’ve just got to tell you, it was beautiful. It’s always beautiful. At Big Spring, the water was nearly gracing the sidewalks. My husband said the ground water is up from all this rain. The spring was pretty chatty and rockin’ and rollin’.

Another adventure led us over the river and under the bridge. That was pretty fun. Up high, down low.

Lately, because of my husband’s busy work schedule, we’ve begun savoring our Sundays together. In fact, we’ve come to call them, Sunday Fun Days.

They sure are!

26 thoughts on “Sunday Fun Days

• Jessica February 18, 2019 / 4:18 pm

Hey girl!! Thank you so much! How are you doing? I haven’t blogged since before Christmas! Eeks. Catch up time. Ha ha! How’s school?

• DailyMusings February 18, 2019 / 6:33 pm

Missed you!! School is amazing!!! I have a different life this year. Hope to see more of you. πŸ’–

• Jessica February 19, 2019 / 4:12 pm

Miss you, too!! Oh!! I am sooooo happy to hear that school is amazing. There is nothing better. Really, that is so wonderful. Makes me smile. Thank you- spring is right around the corner, so hope to get to some wildlife areas for pictures soon. We have had so much rain here. All the rivers have been out or really high.

1. Anne Mehrling February 19, 2019 / 10:09 am

Gorgeous photos! I loved your water shots, both the placid water and the rushing stream.

• Jessica February 19, 2019 / 4:13 pm

Hi!! How are you? Thank you so very much. I sure have missed your posts and our chit chats. Seems as though I haven’t blogged since December. Not sure where time went… hope you are doing great and that you have a wonderful day. Thank you for reading and commenting.

• Anne Mehrling February 19, 2019 / 4:38 pm

I don’t miss people until I see them again. Silly, I know. I missed you and am glad to see you back.

• Jessica February 19, 2019 / 4:40 pm

Thank you so much. I love what you said.

2. indianeskitchen February 19, 2019 / 4:23 pm

What a beautiful day, great picture and it looks like a blue sky! Isn’t nature amazing? So glad your back.

• Jessica February 19, 2019 / 4:42 pm

Hello. There was a bit of blue. We have had so much rain that when it stops, we’re out the door. Ha. I agree about nature. Fills the heart, warms the soul. That place is a treasure. Glad we get to go pretty often. Hope you are doing well. I have missed your posts. You always have the yummy recipes that are do-able for me. Hope you have a great day.

3. anotherday2paradise February 19, 2019 / 6:12 pm

Sunday fundays sounds good to me, Jessica. Lovely photos of your outing. 😍

• Jessica February 20, 2019 / 3:20 pm

Hi Sylvia. Thank you so much. You are welcome to come along anytime.

• Jessica February 20, 2019 / 8:22 pm

Love that. Thank you.

4. Miriam February 20, 2019 / 9:24 pm

This looks like a lotta fun too! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

• Jessica February 20, 2019 / 9:31 pm

Thank you. We enjoyed it.

5. Sheryl February 20, 2019 / 10:19 pm

I like how you have “Sunday fun days.” I always savor time with family.

• Jessica February 23, 2019 / 9:36 pm

Thank you. Me, too. Tomorrow we are going on a Sunday Fun Day to Arkansas. At our new town, we are only like 10 miles to the Arkansas state line, but about 20 miles to a town. There are some nature areas down that way. Can’t wait to see what we find.

6. thechickengrandma February 22, 2019 / 9:06 pm

So. Glad. You. Are. Back!!!!! Love those photos. It sounds like you had a great adventure.

• Jessica February 23, 2019 / 9:48 pm

Wahooooo!!!!! We sisters have reunited. Now where’s Michelle Rhem??? Lets get this reunion started. Ha ha.

Thank you. It was fun taking those photos and spending time with my “boys.” Tomorrow we are going to go peek around Arkansas. Sounds like there may be a WALMART within 25 miles south of here. I miss the Walmart in our old town. Knew where everything was in there. The one 25 miles east of us is no good for me– I can’t find anything in there. Ha ha. South, it is!

There are also several river areas and parks down there, so I hope to take some pictures to show you. Hope you are doing well. Hard to believe it’s almost March already. How is Iowa weather treating you? My folks have had a winter and a half. Snow city. Here we have had so much rain. If you don’t wear muck boots out in the yard? Wet socks! Ha.

• thechickengrandma February 23, 2019 / 9:52 pm

Tomorrow we are going nowhere. Blizzard warning and it has started. Churches are already cancelling..
        Michele is still at the Rabbit Patch.

• Jessica February 23, 2019 / 9:57 pm

Oh my gosh. Blizzard warnings are no laughing matter in Iowa. Glad you are going to stay put. A cozy Sunday Fun Day at home for you.

• Jessica March 9, 2019 / 8:02 am

Hi, I just saw your comments. Sorry for the delay in responding!! Thank you so much! Hope you have a wonderful day!