In Love

I am in love with this picture. I can’t even explain how much!

We were at an Ozark Scenic Riverways area yesterday, at a CCC camp built in the 1930’s. I walked up to look in the window at the old dining lodge, and this was reflecting back.

My favorite things?

• -the blue of the sky
  • -the leaves
  • -the shape of the panes
  • -the pristine mirrored image of nature when I wasn’t even looking for it
  • -how like water, glass stops light rays and bounces them back
  • -if you look towards the middle, you can even see the Current River
  • -how the window itself is an accidental ‘frame’

The funny thing is that the dining lodge has never been approachable. It’s been under renovation for the entire year we’ve been going there. There are usually “closed/ do not enter” signs all around. But, lucky for me, yesterday, the signs were gone!

I didn’t get any pictures of the inside this time, but let me just say, it’s almost as pretty as the view on the outside.

22 thoughts on “In Love

• Jessica August 6, 2019 / 12:11 pm

Hi Anne!! Thank you so very much!! I love when you comment! ❤️

• Jessica August 7, 2019 / 1:32 am

Hi sweetheart!!! Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️

1. Elizabeth August 7, 2019 / 3:18 am

Pretty view. Interesting you were trying to see indoors but the outdoors beauty was what called your attention.

• Jessica August 7, 2019 / 6:15 pm

Nature tends to do that to me. Lovvvvve nature. Thank you for commenting. Hope you have a wonderful day!

2. peggyjoan42 August 7, 2019 / 5:29 am

I can see why you love this photo – I see a lot of beauty in your photo. I love trying to capture photos from different angles and photos through window and tree limbs.

• Jessica August 7, 2019 / 7:36 am

Hi. ❤️ I love what you said about different angles! It’s fun to change perspectives by looking through tings. Hope you’re doing great.

• Jessica August 8, 2019 / 1:41 pm

Yayyyyy!!! Love happy! Hugs to you!

• Jessica August 8, 2019 / 1:40 pm

Hi Sylvia ❤️ Thank you so much!

3. thechickengrandma August 10, 2019 / 8:40 pm

I am looking back at posts and realizing I may never catch up! So glad I saw this one. When we were in the Hills with the kids we went to Mr. Coolidge overlook. It is a fire tower in the Hills built by the CCC or the WPA (not sure which) It is also all rock and is awesome.

• Jessica August 10, 2019 / 9:24 pm

Oh my gosh!! I think my husband and I have been there! Is it a lodge, too? Was it in Custer State Park? I’m so happy you saw this! I ad forgotten about that trip we took in 2001.

• thechickengrandma August 10, 2019 / 9:29 pm

That was Game Lodge in Custer State Park. And they built that too. It was the summer White House for Coolidge. And I think the Peter Norbeck Center was also built by them.

• Jessica August 11, 2019 / 3:22 pm

Oh, that’s right!! We didn’t stay there, but we went in and looked around. It was gorgeous. We need to go back out there. Little Bit wants to see Mount Rushmore. I want to see the fire tower you mentioned.

• Jessica August 11, 2019 / 4:19 pm

Oh my goodness, I bet! Did you go to the top? I usually chicken out about half way up. Ha!

• Jessica August 12, 2019 / 11:50 am

Oh good! :)

• thechickengrandma August 11, 2019 / 5:01 pm

I could send you a photo with messenger if you’d like.

• Jessica August 12, 2019 / 11:51 am

Oh man– I’m sorry. I’m not on messenger either. Gave it up with Facebook. Thank you, though!