16 thoughts on “Vintage Coca Cola Machine

1. thechickengrandma August 26, 2019 / 7:37 pm

I am not sure if the feed store in town still has their glass bottle pop machine but 5 years ago they did. My boys loved buying pop in those bottles and drinking them on a hot summer day. Now we just make homemade root beer once in a great while. Trying to talk my husband into making a batch this year yet.

• Jessica August 26, 2019 / 10:05 pm

Yum!!! Homemade root beer sounds amazing! I can just picture your boys drinking pop, such a treat!

2. tiffanyarpdaleo August 26, 2019 / 11:13 pm

Nice to see the “old school” relics still around, my parents had a similar classic soda dispenser!

• Jessica August 26, 2019 / 11:24 pm

Oh my gosh, I bet that was fun!

3. Ann Coleman August 27, 2019 / 8:10 pm

Remember turning in our old soda bottle for a nickle? And I still think it tastes better out of a glass bottle!

• Jessica August 28, 2019 / 4:47 pm

Completely agree!!!!

4. Sheryl September 1, 2019 / 10:17 pm

This post brings back wonderful memories of buying soda back in the days when my parents only rarely gave me coins to put into a soda machine.

• Jessica September 2, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Love that! ❤️

5. watchingthedaisies September 4, 2019 / 7:37 am

How lovely to see such a rare vintage treasure. We always delighted in getting money back for bottles. An old penny a piece felt like a million dollars.

• Jessica September 4, 2019 / 7:49 am

❤️You make me smile.

6. Steve Schwartzman September 4, 2019 / 8:22 am

Some of us remember when vending machines like that weren’t vintage. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the wooden trays for empty bottles.

• Jessica September 4, 2019 / 3:43 pm

Hi. Makes me wonder if the “only takes a credit card” water/ coke machine I saw in the hotel recently will one day be considered vintage.

There’s a vintage treasures type store a few miles from here that has a few of the wooden bottle holders for sale. That was the last I’ve seen some. They’re pretty neat.

7. Annika Perry September 4, 2019 / 9:31 am

Jessica, I’ve never seen these before and it looks wonderfully retro! It’s always a treat in restaurants the Coca Cola comes in a bottle, misty with cold! Very good that there is a place for returning the glass bottles as well.

• Jessica September 4, 2019 / 3:48 pm

Annika!!!!!! Girl, it’s been a long time!!!! Love seeing your name! How are you?

I want to go to a restaurant where it’s served in a bottle! I haven’t had soda in probably 10 years, but the misty cold bottle makes it sound so good!

• Annika Perry September 5, 2019 / 5:17 am

Ahh … Jessica, I’m beaming away at your reply! I know, it’s been ages and I’m not on WP as much as usual for a few months. I’m very well but busy with lots of different things … I’ll be around more in the autumn.

You are so good for giving up soda totally ..l I do like them when out, a bit of a treat on warm days!

Have a lovely rest of the weeks. Hugs xx

• Jessica September 7, 2019 / 9:21 am

Hi sweet one!! Looks like things are going well– hooray!! I haven’t been blogging much the past 6-8 months or so, but suddenly had a burst of blogging energy- ha ha! Hugs to you, too! ❤️⭐️❤️