Let’s Wear Kindness Well

Yesterday a fellow blogger, Phoebe, had a post inviting people to share words of encouragement that they use to cheer/lift someone up. I thought that was the most fabulous idea!

Reading the comments was endearing and refreshing. I mean, most days the world is made out to be such a cold and not nice place, you know?

But, here were all these thoughts, eloquently strung together to make anyone feel a little bit better. And, in that sense, it reminds me of nature. Nature brings such a comfort, especially flowers. No wonder flower shops are so busy.

So, today, I thought I’d do sort of a spin off of Phoebe’s idea. In the comments, please feel free to share any and all words of encouragement, praise, comfort, etc to anybody out there that may need it.

I’ll go first:

To whoever needs this today,

You are the sun, you know? Even with all the ‘buts, ands, and howevers’ you are worthy of wonderful things. ❤️

So, please join me! Feel free to offer up your words of grace. Let’s be like the flowers, let’s wear kindness well.

23 thoughts on “Let’s Wear Kindness Well

1. Ann Coleman September 8, 2019 / 2:00 pm

Sometimes the best thing we can offer someone who’s feeling down is our presence, just letting them know that we are here for them and that they aren’t alone.

• Jessica September 8, 2019 / 4:49 pm

Awww!!! Yes, you are so right. ❤️

2. Jessica September 8, 2019 / 7:34 pm

Going again,

Whoever out there, in this big, vast universe that could use some kind words on this beautiful day,

You matter. You truly do.

3. ladieswholunchreviews September 8, 2019 / 9:24 pm

You are so much stronger than you think! And so many people care about you❤️

• Jessica September 8, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Ditto, my friend. ❤️ Miss you!

• ladieswholunchreviews September 8, 2019 / 9:46 pm

Miss you too! Hope you’re all settled in. I’ll be writing more soon, just had my second eye surgery for cataracts on Friday so not perfect yet, but it’s so exciting to see so well!

• Jessica September 8, 2019 / 10:13 pm

Wow! Congratulations on getting better vision! What a gift that is! We are pretty much settled in and had a really nice summer. We put in an above ground pool and have used it so much. The past few weeks I’ve spent ripping out carpet and vinyl and painting. Got our new laminate last week- it’s so pretty, it looks like barn wood. Rest those eyes well. ❤️

• Jessica September 8, 2019 / 9:41 pm

And I just love what you said so very much. ❤️❤️❤️

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 7:38 am

Oh goodness, what a wonderful thing to say to someone! ❤️❤️❤️

• Anne Mehrling September 9, 2019 / 10:04 am

I’ve said “God loves you and so do I” to many people, but I knew them well and knew they believed in God. I’d probably choose a different approach with an atheist.

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 10:26 am

Maybe so. ❤️But, maybe people are adaptable to the word itself. Maybe they just imagine their word in there instead. The universe loves you, the world loves you, the entire planet you tread upon loves you. ❤️

• Anne Mehrling September 9, 2019 / 11:10 am

I like your interpretation.

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 12:12 pm

Thank you. I’ve taken some spiritual classes these past two years and found that God or whatever the belief is, is pretty interchangeable according to who’s reading it. That’s one of the amazing things about the world, an openness to believe.

4. peggyjoan42 September 9, 2019 / 5:43 am

When the world seems to be picking on you and you become discourage – Step into beautiful nature and soak up the world that God has created.for us to enjoy. Look toward the sky and thank our Lord for the blessings he has bestowed on you. God is kindness and love and we should strive to be the same.

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 7:50 am

Perfectly said. Nature is a wonderful place to be. 💕

5. DailyMusings September 9, 2019 / 6:17 am

One kind word can change someone’s entire day

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 7:51 am

Hello, sweet friend. You are so right. ❤️

• Jessica September 9, 2019 / 7:53 am

Especially kiddo’s days. I’m so glad you work with them . ❤️

6. the Painted Apron September 10, 2019 / 7:44 am

The world has become such a mean and hate filled place, if we could all focus on kindness, what a change it would make!
    Jenna

• Jessica September 10, 2019 / 9:11 am

Wahoooo!! Let’s start a kindness revolution. It’s so old school, it just might work!! :)

7. Deb Vande Voort September 30, 2019 / 4:20 am

Good morning! It starts with that.

Love this idea.