Well, there’s about fifteen minutes left of this first birthday without my momma. It was a spotty-teary-day, with the biggest amount that came this morning.
This afternoon, we shopped for bowling shoes. Found a pair and two bowling ball bags, so that was nice. We had our Birthday Bowl-a-thon at two different bowling alleys. It was very fun.
Birthday dinner took us back to the restaurant I wrote about a couple of times in the past several months. One post was about crying at the table. The other was about crying and smiling when a Stevie Nicks song came on while there.
Tonight I did quite well at our table. That is, until an old beloved Christmas hymn came over the speakers.
The part of a song that got me all choked up this time?
“Sleep in heavenly peace.”
Cue the waterworks…
Gratitude of my day of birth:
- that I had a momma who loved me
- that even though today was hard, I made it
- being with my son and husband
- hearing from my dad and siblings
- getting texts from friends
- two delicious meals out in one day
- candles, cupcakes, and party decor
- nice people who bowled next to us
- the five friends who remembered me on social media today
- the pre-birthday blogging wishes I got- thank you
- I appreciate all the birthday love
Thank you for reading.
©️COPYRIGHT 2022 UNMEASURED JOURNEYS-PHOTO TAKEN BY ME-ALL RIGHTS RESERVED