Looky here, we’re half way through this 22 day challenge. So far, I have found that noticing more miracles has helped me see more miracles.
Does that mean they magically appear?
I don’t think so. For me, it’s like there are these amazing miracles all around:
- a cat laying in the sun
- a spider perfectly positioned on a web
- an entire street full of green lights
- seeing friends on some random Thursday night when schedules are jam packed
- the store having bottled water after months of not having it
- the moon
- a reflection on the pond
- deer tracks in the backyard
- having dinners with my husband (he works a lot of hours)
- a letter from a pen pal
- jewelry for art that’s suddenly on sale
- food in the freezer
- getting invited to supper with a friend I haven’t seen in months
- golfing with my dad on a Monday (we live 8 hours apart)
Do I notice them as miracles all-the-time? Um no.
Does that make them any less miraculous? Not really.
What seems mundane from on perspective, can completely change when looking at it from another.
For instance, there are sunsets most days, so what’s the big deal?
Well, for one, it’s pretty darn awesome that our eyes allow us to see sunsets! On top of that? Our eyes can let us see all the colors in that sunset!
Eyes + colors + sunset = miracles
How cool is that?
I’m excited about 11 more days of gratitude and noticing. Hope you’ll join in, too.
Thank you for being here!