Has anyone ever said something nice to you and it instantly made your heart bubble over a little?
Aw! Those moments are the best!
It seems like they have the ability to multiply like crazy and cause a ripple effect.
It reminds me of when I was a volunteer at Little Bit’s old school. The counselor was quite a genius in the way she taught kids how to make friends and treat each other.
The Compliment Circle.
They sat in a circle, one started and turned to their neighbor and said a few friendly words.
“I like your haircut.” “What a great shirt.” “Wow. I love your new shoes!”
By the time they made it back to the starting point, everyone heard something that someone liked about them!
What a great concept!
Turns out there’s something similar in blogging, and it’s called Blogger Awards.
When I started my blog last October, I’d never heard of such things. Then, in January, someone nominated me for an award.
An award? Me? I was pretty excited, though had no idea what it meant! I googled it.
Basically, it’s an avenue for bloggers to get to know each other by asking a list of questions, recognizing who nominated who, and naming more people to essentially continue the circle.
That’s pretty cool because last fall when I researched how to have a website/ blog, I read that there are like 294 million blogs. Wowsa!
At that time, I had no idea that bloggers even interacted, and now I see that “awards” make it a bit easier to find writers/ readers with common interests.
Since January, I have been nominated for 7 awards. SEVEN? Where are they?
I know, I know, I’m a bit behind. It’s kind of like when our new neighbors moved in last year. I was g-o-i-n-g to bake cinnamon rolls and take them over there to welcome them. Then, a month passed, which turned to six, and going now would be a bit embarrassing!
This week I was nominated for two more awards! Woo hoo! So, the best I can tell, it’s my turn.
Thank you to these wonderful writers for nominating me from January until now:
I’m choosing a few questions from each award.
1. Name something you love about yourself: I rock at making meringue!
2. Favorite movies ever: The Cure, The Mighty, The Big Chill
3. Name a random fact about me: I drive a Toyota Tundra and it’s paid for!
4. Why did I start blogging in the first place? Last August I told a friend I’d never have a blog- I thought I was too old fashioned and too scared to try it. The next month I had a huge health scare and something was pushing me to start a blog, so I signed up for WordPress in the middle of the night…
5. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Dolphin
6. Write a short paragraph about you and what your blog means to you: For about 10 years I wanted to write a book. I have one finished, another started, and several ideas swimming about. I’ve never had the money or guts to publish them. It’s scary putting writing into the world for others to judge.
This blog has helped me put my thoughts into the world and essentially learn that it’s not so scary and that except for one negative remark in 10 months, (which was deleted!) everyone has been completely supportive of my writing.
7. If you could go back in time, would you and when? Hmm. That’s tricky. I love the time I’m in. But, if there was a moment I could relive, it’d be when we found out I was pregnant. After losses and five years of infertility, THAT was an incredible moment! My sister in law was there and her sheer joy was something I’ll never forget! She was jumping up and down and her hair was flying! It was SO awesome!
Recently I wrote a story about getting hit with gratefulness suddenly in the midst of a weekday afternoon. I thought it’d be fun to share all those who “liked” it, to continue the circle of kindness.
Miriam, Karen, Jessica, Joy Loves Travel, Daily Musings, Swamp Yankee Style, Rachel, Mrs. Strawberry Blonde, Diane, Weird Guy With The Dog, Lynn Thaler, From Dream to Plan, Claudia Hernandez, The Snow Melts Somewhere.