I got to meet a blogger in real life!
On Thursday, October 13, 2022, my son and I got to meet Betty who has, https://chambersontheroad.com, and her husband Dan.
How cool is that?
We met at a cute cafe not far from their campsite, an hour north of our house. When we walked into the restaurant, it was like coming home.
We were met with smiles and gifts. They bought our lunch. We ate, laughed, told stories, and laughed some more.
Afterwards, we met at their campsite. I thought we’d maybe stay an hour. We stayed four! We played games, went for walks, took nature photos, and told more stories.
It was a really great day!
- that I found Betty’s blog months ago on a search for camping/ hiking blogs
- that through writing/reading each other’s posts, it made the awkwardness of meeting someone new not as awkward
- for the sunny, but windy, afternoon
- for Dan’s help playing Yahtzee
- for learning to play Rummikub- it’s really fun
- for walking around the campsite and seeing Halloween decorations other campers had out
- for their hospitality
- for hearing about driving adventures, the Million Mile Van, movie stars, and the 300 game
- Betty’s yellow shirt
- that our jackets almost matched
- for hugs and pictures at the end
If Dan and Betty happen to read this, thank you for a wonderful day! We really enjoyed it!
If you like reading about camping, Pickleball, cast iron fried donuts, recipes, and other adventures, maybe have a look at Betty’s blog, it’s really great!
Thank you for reading! Hope you have a sunny Saturday!
© COPYRIGHT 2022 Unmeasured Journeys
** all writing and photography were done by me