Hi, today I thought I’d share 55 things I’m thankful for:
- this day
- my dad
- that I got to go home for the first anniversary of losing my momma
- my kiddo- when I started this blog he was my “Little Bit”, now he’s 6’2”
- being with my husband 28 years and counting
- yes, you read that right, you
- being a big sister
- spring!!! My gosh, was that the longest February ever or what???
- good health
- good sleep
- two doctors I love!!! (You know who you are, Dr. Sonia and Dr. Poppy)
- dairy free food choices
- everybody that works at our chiropractor’s office
- the ability of the human body to heal itself- long story, but January 11th, I fell and after weekssssssss of healing, I’m almost as good as new
- making art and FINALLY getting up enough nerve to do something with it
- you, did I say that already?
- good friends
- showing up
- my kid’s Dungeons and Dragons friends
- theater club- my kiddo got the part he wanted in the Wizard of Oz
- friends who want to come to his play
- the support I’ve gotten since I first spoke of parent loss
- my booth at the resale shop- such a learning experience!
- my kitties- Blackjack, Coco, Squeeler, Ruby, and the incredibly ornery Millie- cute, but trouble, ha ha
- teaching- I don’t have a degree, but I love teaching
- starting to find my feet after a year in momma loss
- that the washer and dryer we got plays songs at the end of cycles- had no idea, no one mentioned it at the store
- delete buttons when I mess up words and thoughts
- SanDee (surprise!)
- feeling seen
- feeling heard
- your unending support during a pretty freaking sad year for me
- blogging friends
- where we live- we are near all kinds of natural springs and waterfalls
- planning a dance- I’m hosting a costume dance for my kiddo’s friends- a renaissance type event with a potluck for families. I even ordered invitations.
- my house- it’s got 3 big porches- great for rainy days
- movie room- we have one in our basement
- my Toyota Tundra- such a truck girl
- my friend Dennis- he passed away in 2014- whenever I had concerns, I’d call him and he’d say “we believe”- and he meant it, which made everything better instantly
- this blog- this space has been a saving’s grace as I’ve stumbled my way around momma loss
- being met with kindness in loss- thank you for your words of encouragement and understanding month after month after month…
- the handholding you’ve given for 371 days- it’s noticed
- the support system you provide
- the “oh honey, it’s hard, but you can do this” vibe I feel whenever I read your comments…
Because my folks were married 55 years. Feels like a good number.
As you know, March 2022- March 2023 has been e-m-o-t-i-o-n-a-l to say the least. It reminds me of a weaving, some textured fiber here, some smooth fiber there. Good days here, some sappy messy days there. Best I can tell, it’s still all progress.
As always, thanks for being here. I hope I say that often enough. Your being here truly does mean a lot.
Hope you have a great Saturday. We’re at a bowling tournament in Columbia, Missouri. A shout of good luck going out to my husband and his bestie!
©️ COPYRIGHT 2023 Unmeasured Journeys
©️ COPYRIGHT 2023 Jessica Adam