Farewell and Thank You,  Alabama

Have you ever wrapped yourself up in and savored the days?

That’s how I feel about this week in Alabama. Some weeks seem to fly by, but we were downright comfortable in this one.

Instead of rushing all about, our days were spent swimming in the ocean, watching birds and dolphins, eating fresh seafood, soaking up sunsets, building sand castles, doing a smidgen of sightseeing, playing games, having family time, and soaking up the salty sea air.

In just a few hours, we will be packing our truck up, returning our beach house keys, and leaving this island.

Last year when we left here, I felt really sad, I wasn’t ready to go yet. This time I feel more like I’m pulling on an old, frayed sweater. This time I know I wore this part of our vacation well.

It’s been a good week. The moments here were enjoyed. I love how this place sort of fits us, like a favorite t-shirt that’s been washed a million times. Maybe that’s the gift of a return visit.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day and we’re off to spend it in a new place, on a brand new adventure. However, the past seven days have spoiled us in a lot of  ways and I just want to say:

Farewell and thank you, Alabama.

38 thoughts on “Farewell and Thank You,  Alabama

1. Weird Guy With The Dog May 7, 2016 / 11:14 am

I’m going to make that type of living into my everyday life! No matter what I have to give up, I will achieve my goal of living life to the fullest!

2. karenlee May 7, 2016 / 11:59 am

Oh, my, goodness! Is that a helicopter ride?!!?

• Jessica Adam May 7, 2016 / 12:10 pm

YES MA’Am!! It was AMAZING!!! That was our big splurge. 💛

• karenlee May 7, 2016 / 12:13 pm

I would have lost my cookies, but GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am one of those people who needs her feet on the ground (or help those around me). ;)

3. Gameplan Happily Ever After May 7, 2016 / 10:59 pm

Woaaah :D Loving the pictures :) Sounds like the perfect vacation :) And happy mothers day dearie <3 :)

4. Miriam May 8, 2016 / 4:24 am

Ah Jessica, it sounds as though you had such a lovely time. I could sense the contentment in your post. There’s nothing like time away amongst fresh sea air with family to rest and rejuvenate. And a helicopter ride to boot, how awesome!! Hope you’re having a lovely Mother’s Day. Big hugs to you Jessica. xo :)

• Jessica Adam May 8, 2016 / 7:57 am

Thank you for reading. That’s exactly what it is, contentment. :) Happy Mother’s Day to you. Kiss your mum.

• Miriam May 8, 2016 / 5:50 pm

Hope yours was wonderful. It’s now Monday morning here but yes, mum got lots of kisses yesterday, some were from you too. :) xo

5. Pan May 8, 2016 / 4:24 pm

That first picture is picture perfect 👍

Your first visit was an exciting adventure, this time you kicked back at your adopted home in the Gulf of Mexico 😄

6. anotherday2paradise May 8, 2016 / 5:24 pm

Wonderful photos, Jessica. Love the beach shots. Hope you’ve had a fabulous day today. :)

7. Judi Hockabout May 12, 2016 / 10:42 am

Awesome summary, Jessica! Sounds absolutely wonderful. Great pictures, too!

• Jessica Adam May 12, 2016 / 10:49 am

Thank you very much, Judi. Hope you can go there one of these days! It’s beautiful!

8. trkingmomoe May 19, 2016 / 9:59 pm

Orange Beach is a nice place and also Dolphin Island. I lived 11 years in Gulf Breeze, Florida before I moved to SW Florida.

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 11:50 pm

Wow, I bet living there is nice. I had to look up Gulf Breeze. Looks like it was north of us when we visited Pensacola. I’ve never been to SW Florida, only the east side of Florida. I’ve heard it’s pretty on the west side.

Thank you so much for reading my stories. I also appreciate your information about the silverware sets.

This was our 2nd year at Orange Beach area. Beautiful here. This time we rode on a helicopter tour of the Gulf State Park and the beach line. Looks so different from the air. A lot more inland water than I thought. :)

• Jessica June 11, 2016 / 8:27 am

Hi there! Thank you so much! We LOVE Alabama! Have you been there?

9. Son of a Sailor June 11, 2016 / 3:34 pm

Yes, driven through it and have been there as a kid, but too much humidity for me-

• Jessica June 11, 2016 / 4:09 pm

Ah, humidity! :) Grew up with it and believe it or not, missed it when we lived in Colorado!