Pines and Palms

Don’t you just love vacation?

Woo hoo!!! Our’s started yesterday! We drove through 3 states and I just have to say, I love the south!

Last night we checked into the Holiday Inn Express at Hattiesburg, MS. It is fancy! In the lobby there are beautiful statues and chandeliers.

In our room there was a full kitchen. Like a real kitchen! A full size refrigerator and a dishwasher! In a hotel room? Love that! Talk about an invitation to stay!

This morning we woke up to warm temperatures and palm trees. Palm trees? Somebody pinch me!

We’ve been counting down the days for this vacation for 47 days! Livin’ it now! Heading south right now. The ocean is within 50 miles!

Pretty sure I’m the luckiest girl in the whole world right now. Here’s to the trees lining this scenic morning drive, the pines and palms.

31 thoughts on “Pines and Palms

1. Miriam April 30, 2016 / 9:22 am

I’m so happy for you Jessica. Enjoy it all! Yours is the last post I’m reading tonight before I go to bed, after my daughter’s birthday celebration. And it was the perfect way to end my day. Enjoy all of the luxuries and beauty that surrounds you, it sounds absolutely fantastic! :)

• Miriam April 30, 2016 / 5:01 pm

Just woken up here. What a wild night of storms we had. ★☆♣♧

• Miriam April 30, 2016 / 5:18 pm

Me too. Seems ok so far from what I can see.

2. Weird Guy With The Dog April 30, 2016 / 10:51 am

Yeah, yeah, rub it in!

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 10:55 am

Hey! You’ve got those east coast pines and scenic mountains! :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog April 30, 2016 / 10:57 am

It was 36 degrees this morning in Bangor! Screw the trees! ;)

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 10:58 am

Brrrrrrr. Guess I won’t tell you it’s 81 here!

• Weird Guy With The Dog April 30, 2016 / 10:58 am

Nice!

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 11:02 am

Your future boat would look good here. With Vinny on it!

• Weird Guy With The Dog April 30, 2016 / 11:04 am

I will be going to Louisiana for mardi gras at least once on the boat!

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 10:57 am

But Vinny the Super Dog WOULD look cute running down the beach with his cape flying! :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog April 30, 2016 / 10:57 am

Leading his human!

3. karenlee April 30, 2016 / 11:01 am

ENJOY!!! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from that island and any critters you happen to see. :)

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 11:04 am

Oh lord. You don’t think that possum came along do you? The night before we left, I opened the garage door and screamed my head off!! He was sitting on the table in there eating cat food!

• karenlee April 30, 2016 / 11:07 am

He got his days mixed up again. I TOLD him to wait a day so he wouldn’t get caught…he must have been pretty hungry. ;)

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 11:11 am

Oh my gosh. That’s HILARIOUS. Maybe you can pick him up and take him home while we’re gone!

• karenlee April 30, 2016 / 11:22 am

Just tried…his Inbox is full. Guess he has to stay…

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 11:29 am

My friend may get a surprise when she goes to check on my cats!!!!

• Pan May 2, 2016 / 9:17 am

Or that she might bring back 😮

4. Sheryl April 30, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Have a wonderful vacation! It sounds like a really fun trip.

• Jessica Adam April 30, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Thank you, Sheryl! We’re going to Dauphin Island, AL. :)

5. Pan April 30, 2016 / 9:37 pm

You’re off to a great start 😊
    If you notice a pet fee added to the hotel bill, you might want to check under the front seats for that stowaway catopposum 😁

6. Annika Perry May 1, 2016 / 1:21 am

Jessica, yippee!! You have a great vacation – your enthusiasm is infectious!! 😀😀 Pine trees and palm trees are two of my favourite but growing together – wow! Continue with your great adventure; I just love how you get in the car and drive through state after state.

• Jessica Adam May 1, 2016 / 5:18 am

Hi Annika!! Wish you were here to see this place. I wonder how it looks compared to your place in Sweden. I agree about the trees. Seeing pines at home is a treat in itself, there aren’t many, and the only palms at home are those fake kind! Ha!

Love what you said about driving state after state. The further south we got, the warmer it was. In one day it we gained 36 degrees warmer!! Woo hoo!