Welcome Back, Glory

Do you feel connected with nature?

A couple months ago, I wrote a story about a tree in our backyard. (You can read it here, if you like.)

A few of you kind souls asked me to give an update on how Glory is doing. Because you asked, I thought about you guys a lot as winter grabbed her coat and packed up her bags.

Spring never really jumped right into the scene this year. She took her sweet time, as if meandering down an old crooked road.

I watched for signs well into April. The trees all around started getting their leaves, yet Glory seemed stuck in another season’s grasp.

I worried. Maybe the damage was too much this time. The last lightning strike was fierce. Perhaps giving up was the only option left.

Before we left for vacation, I went to have a look. Standing under those towering branches, tears started pouring down my cheeks.

Buds.

Green was emerging, ever so slowly as if spring had been practiced a thousand times and didn’t need to be rushed.

When we returned from vacation, Glory was already barreling into the work of holding up nests and making shade.

A hour ago I walked out there. The scars are barely visible now. If I hadn’t lived here for seven years, I doubt I would even see them.

I stood there and reread “Weathered in Glory”. Upon finishing, I glanced up and said,

“Welcome Back, Glory.”

16 thoughts on “Welcome Back, Glory

1. Weird Guy With The Dog May 28, 2016 / 3:48 pm

If we follow the example set forth by nature in the strength of this tree, we see that we can also weather any storm set upon us in the seasons of life.

• Jessica Adam May 28, 2016 / 3:56 pm

Thank you for that! I was hoping the symbolism was visible.

• Weird Guy With The Dog May 28, 2016 / 4:00 pm

Absolutely! We are all part of nature, are we not? Just as weak, just as strong.

• Jessica Adam May 28, 2016 / 5:23 pm

Hey! Where’ve you been??? :) I’ve been watching my reader. Thank you. These two stories mean a bunch to me.

• Debra Farmer May 28, 2016 / 6:09 pm

I’ve had a 15 year old grandson entertaining me for a week. Too much fun. Was so busy that I wasn’t even on the computer!
        I’m anxious to go back and read the original post on Glory!!

• Jessica Adam May 28, 2016 / 7:19 pm

Oh man! I bet you guys had some serious fun!!! Let me know what you think…

2. Miriam May 29, 2016 / 6:05 am

Beautiful. So glad your Glory tree is upright, thriving and growing strong … a sign of good things to come. Hugs xox

• Jessica Adam May 29, 2016 / 11:23 am

Woo hoo!! We’ll take good things to come! ❤️

• Miriam May 29, 2016 / 4:09 pm

Of course we will! xo :) ♥

3. karenlee May 29, 2016 / 4:07 pm

It sounds glorious as well. Great capture! :)