Kind Inspiration

Isn’t it interesting how life evolves? How we can sometimes have our sights set for one path, yet end up on a new road and we didn’t even see the exit?

Seems to me, it’s on those journeys where we truly become enriched by life’s gifts that we might have missed if we’d stayed on the other path.

Miriam is on a completely different road than she’d expected after her mum went in for surgery and came back changed. We have been following her posts, and when I saw this one, I wanted to share it as well because life is about embracing what we are given, even if we don’t quite understand it.

Thank you for letting me share, Miri.

Out an' About

Many of you will be familiar with the story of my mum.  I wrote about her in The Longest Goodbye and she was also the focus for my Daily Post Admiration theme.  When Niki asked who inspired us, in week six of the kindness challenge, I couldn’t think of anyone to put above her.

Mum has always been inspiring and brave.  She emigrated to Australia back in 1953 to start a new life with my father, and I know the early years were not easy, but they carved out a good life. And a happy one.

When mum went into hospital for brain surgery 15 months ago she remained the same as she’s always been, hopeful and optimistic.

But there are no guarantees in life.

When she came out of the operation and in the following weeks of rehab, ups and downs and then more surgery, not once did…

View original post 551 more words

11 thoughts on “Kind Inspiration

1. Dee Gilbert June 22, 2016 / 10:18 am

I am witness to the change that could happen after brain surgery or even a seemingly minor trauma to the brain. Two of my co-workers came back to work after these events, and they are not the same. It pains me that some seem to find it a challenge to extend understanding and kindness. Others who offer endless understanding and kindness inspire me.

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 10:36 am

Oh, I love that you commented. Thank you for sharing your connection to this post. It’s funny how we’re all sort of connected.

• Dee Gilbert June 22, 2016 / 10:48 am

True. I love how people with the same interests can share with each other.

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 11:29 am

Me, too. :) Such a gift!

2. moonskittles June 22, 2016 / 12:03 pm

Jessica,
    What a great reminder you have brought to us through this re-post. No matter how paradoxical it seems, change is the one promised constant in our life. And if we do not embrace it, we will not fulfill our destiny.
    Blessings to you,
    Dajena :) <3

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 12:10 pm

Hi Dajena, you certainly have a way with words. I love that “one promised constant.” That’s a great way to look at it. “Change” seems to get a bad rap, most days. I love your insight and perspective. Thank you so much! :)

• moonskittles June 22, 2016 / 12:30 pm

I am humbled by your kindness.
        I hope more people will continue to be open to change. It is the only way to move forward.
        Please have a blessed day!
        Dajena :)

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 12:55 pm

I just came in from walking in the wildflowers again. Your comment is timely. I hope your day is blessed as well!

• moonskittles June 22, 2016 / 1:26 pm

:) beautiful!! thank you :) :)

3. Miriam June 22, 2016 / 7:08 pm

Thank you so much my dear friend for sharing my story. Just baked mum’s favorite cake and taking it to her in a couple of hours! :)

• Jessica June 22, 2016 / 7:53 pm