A is for Apples…and Applesauce!

Is it fall where you are?

Today was the first day for us. It’s hard to believe summer is officially over and I’m guessing that before we know it, winter will be knocking at our doors.

I haven’t shared any of my favorite blogger’s posts for a long time. When I saw Jenny’s post about this homemade apple treat, I thought it’d be a perfect way to celebrate the changing of the seasons.

She’s very nice and has some amazing recipes on her blog if you’d like to have a look. She even offers gluten free and vegetarian options, too. Love that!

Thanks, Jenny, for letting me share your wonderful writing and recipe.

35 thoughts on “A is for Apples…and Applesauce!

1. sandyjwhite September 23, 2016 / 9:24 am

Don’t you just love when a fresh crop of apples arrives fresh off the trees in the fall?

• Jessica September 23, 2016 / 11:24 pm

Yes ma’am. Especially when they’re hand picked. Are there orchards near you?

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:45 am

Same here. They’re around but quite a drive. :)

2. Mrs Strawberry Blonde September 23, 2016 / 9:58 am

Thanks for sharing! I would love a sweet snack like that now!

Sweets, I won’t get back to you before tomorrow or Sunday, I think. I’ve been crazy busy yesterday, and today, on my favourite homeworking day (I usually do Tues or Weds and every Friday), I had to drive in to work to pick up a company laptop because the files I need to review are restriced (which is actually nothing out of the ordinary) and someone messed up the access thingy, so I can’t access them from outside the network (=from my own laptop) or whatever. :(
    What a waste of time! On top of that, the company laptop was in quite a state and I had to wipe it down twice. And guess what – the @ key isn’t working on that laptop… Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

I’ll see what I can can get done today. I have blog posts scheduled for tomorrow morning and Sunday evening, and you’ll hear from me in between. Sending you hugs and kisses. xoxo

• Jessica September 23, 2016 / 11:23 pm

My goodness, sounds like you had a time with laptops. Hope it got straightened out. Can’t wait to read your blog posts! ❤️ Hugs right back at you!

3. Bun Karyudo September 23, 2016 / 10:06 am

Hmm… actually, some ice cream and apples would be nice about now. :)

• Jessica September 23, 2016 / 11:20 pm

Wow, I’m running behind! :) Oh man, yes, ice cream with anything sounds wonderful! 🍨

4. Weird Guy With The Dog September 23, 2016 / 5:48 pm

Applesauce would go well with the pork roast im having for dinner…oh wait, here’s some! Mmmmm

• Jessica September 23, 2016 / 11:12 pm

Wow! Thank sounded good! :)

5. thechickengrandma September 23, 2016 / 8:06 pm

I keep looking at the cooler full of apples my son brought over and waiting for the day I turn them into applesauce. I also cannot wait to make canned apple pie filling.

• Jessica September 23, 2016 / 11:15 pm

Oh my gosh, does he have apple trees? A whole cooler sounds wonderful! Darn, if we lived in the same town (in the country, of course) we could hang out, peeling apples, and make yummy treats. That pie filling sounds great! :)

• thechickengrandma September 24, 2016 / 8:32 am

His girlfriend has an apple tree by her brother’s house :). It would be fun to hang out and make stuff with apples.

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 9:07 am

Maybe I’ll write a story about how fun it would be to meet up with all you cool blogging friends! ❤️

• thechickengrandma September 24, 2016 / 10:30 am

I have a niece in Texas who blogs…the Vanilla Tulip. She has been to blogging conferences and met her fellow bloggers. That would be really cool!

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 11:15 am

Oh, that’d be awesome!

6. Miriam September 24, 2016 / 5:34 am

A delicious share. :)

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:17 am

Yes ma’am. How are you?

• Miriam September 24, 2016 / 7:45 am

Hey gorgeous one, I’m okay. Trying to fight off a cold, it’s my birthday tomorrow. :) And you?

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:47 am

Oh my goodness! It’s your birthday tomorrow?????? Darn! I wish I was there! I LOVE birthdays! 🎉 Cake, streamers, music, presents!

It’s your 1st one without mum. Bet that’s pretty sad.

• Miriam September 24, 2016 / 7:58 am

Oh Jess, I wish you were here too.
            But do you know what, I feel like you are in a way. Because this time last year I don’t think you were in my life … but now you are, so I feel so grateful. :)
            Yes, first one without mum which is sad, but I’ll focus on my family, that’s what she’d want. xo

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:59 am

Love how you count your blessings. I’m writing a post on such things. ❤️💜💗

• Miriam September 24, 2016 / 8:09 am

Oh, I can’t wait to read it. :)

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:48 am

I’m much better. Did you see my Fb posts yesterday?

• Miriam September 24, 2016 / 7:53 am

Ooh no I didn’t. I haven’t been on FB the last two days. I’m off to bed soon (feeling pretty sickly) but will check them out tomorrow. I AM curious though.

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 7:55 am

All is well now. :) Sorry your ill. Prayers for rest and healing. Love you! ❤️

• Miriam September 24, 2016 / 7:59 am

Thanks Jess. Love you too. xo

7. hollygrace13 September 24, 2016 / 12:46 pm

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Jessica September 24, 2016 / 2:27 pm

Well, you’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by! 😊

8. Sarah Ferguson and Choppy September 25, 2016 / 1:16 pm

Oh, that’s such an easy recipe – I think I’m going to have to make some applesauce sooner rather than later!

• Jessica September 25, 2016 / 4:03 pm

Yum! PS If you get a chance, you might like to check out her site. She has a lot of amazing recipes. :)

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 10:33 am

Cool! Thanks! She’ll love that!

9. anotherday2paradise September 30, 2016 / 3:14 pm

Mmm……….that looks really delicious, Jessica. Apples are so healthy too. Happy Fall. :) xx

• Jessica September 30, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Hi Sylvia! How are you? Getting unpacked?

We are apple fans, too. Hoping to find an orchard and go pick some. Wish we were in Iowa, my grandma’s farm is full of apple, pear, and peach trees! Yum! :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!