A Nice Surprise

Don’t you just love when someone does something so nice that you get a bit tongue-tied when it comes to thanking them?

This weekend I found out that Faye, at The Chicken Grandma, nominated me for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award.

When I read what this award represents, I’ve got to tell you, I was sort of stuck in awe. Just listen to this description:

“This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee.”

Gratitude? Impact? Everybody?

Talk about a compliment!

Here’s something else I love, when I read what Faye said about the seven bloggers she nominated, I’m pretty sure my heart was beaming.

She said:

“These seven bloggers have made me think, they have made me laugh out loud, they have inspired me but most of all they have made me wish I could meet them in person.”

My goodness, that’s incredibly kind. Thank you so much, Faye!

Here are Faye’s 3 questions:

1. How do you find your inspiration for a blog post?

This is interesting because I gave a Writer’s Wordshop to a homeschool group this week called, “Let’s Inspire Our Desire to Write.” I told them the best tool I have for coming up with writing ideas is my eyes. I usually see something first, and then the stories come.

2. What do you enjoy most about where you call home? Why?

I love that there are lots of windows and wood floors in my home. When Little Bit is playing on the sidewalk, I always take lots of pictures of him through the doorways and windows. I love the sound the wood floor makes when he’s running up and down the hall in bare feet.

3. What is your favorite thing to do and with whom?

I love to take drives with Little Bit. This week we said goodbye to summer and took some new gravel roads. We ended up in the middle of many Amish farms and even got to see little Amish children standing in their yard and waving at us. So fun.

Normally, I’m don’t like to pick only a certain number of nominees because I don’t like leaving anyone out.

So, this time I decided to bypass the seven, and just list everyone who commented on a recent post I wrote that I love called, “Enjoy the Ride.”

My nominees:

My questions:

• Favorite memory of your parents or grandparents?
    • Favorite recipe handed down to you?
    • Favorite vacation from childhood?

Thanks again, Faye. Being nominated is such a nice surprise.

31 thoughts on “A Nice Surprise

1. Bun Karyudo September 26, 2016 / 1:32 am

Congratulations on your nomination. Seeing Amish kids waving to you must be cute, incidentally.

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 6:26 am

Thanks so much! Oh my gosh, they were adorable. They were all standing together in the front corner of their yard, like 5 of them. I had my window down and they seemed so excited to see us. So sweet. Thanks for reading! :)

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 6:38 am

That was a fun ride. I thought we’d been on every road in this county, uh…not quite. We started venturing east and found lots of backroads I didn’t even know were there.

No wonder we can’t sit still, too much to see! Ha! :)

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 6:28 am

Thanks and you’re welcome! Thank you for your support on my post, “Enjoy the Ride.” Means a lot to me! :)

2. Miriam September 26, 2016 / 6:28 am

You TOTALLY deserve this Jess. Love you lots. xo

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 6:35 am

Aw! You spoil me, girl! Love you lots, too! 💜

• Miriam September 26, 2016 / 7:51 am

I know!! More hugs across the ocean. xo

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 9:09 am

Suddenly the ocean doesn’t feel SO big! ❤️

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 9:08 am

Thanks for always supporting my writing! 😊

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 10:33 am

Perfectly said! :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog September 26, 2016 / 10:42 am

Some people are nit seeing my posts in reader. Are you? I may have to contact wordpress.

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 11:13 am

I see one. :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog September 26, 2016 / 11:15 am

I guess your seeing them ok, others not so much. Thanks for the feedback.

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 11:52 am

Sure. Hope you get it figured out. :)

3. sandyjwhite September 26, 2016 / 10:23 am

I’m very happy for you! I appreciate your nomination, but I have decided to make my blog an award free zone. I hope you understand. However, that doesn’t mean I won’t keep cheering you on!

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 10:34 am

No problem at all! :)

4. Sarah Ferguson and Choppy September 26, 2016 / 11:11 am

Congrats on the award!

Sounds like you had a wonderful start to fall this weekend. I love a good drive!

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 11:58 am

Thanks so much! Oh, man, we are going to get along just great! Little Bit and I are always looking for backroad adventures! :)

5. watchingthedaisies September 26, 2016 / 11:37 am

Congratulations and so very well deserved. Thank you Jessica. I am an award free blog too. I just don’t want to choose between my lovely blogging friends!

• Jessica September 26, 2016 / 11:55 am

I understand. :) That’s why I went with all the commenters on one post. :)

Thanks so much, you’re very sweet. :)

6. thechickengrandma September 27, 2016 / 11:03 pm

I loved reading your answers. The comment about the wood floors bring back so many memories. I also have wood floors and when my boys were little their bare feet made the most wonderful “slapping” noise as they ran around.

• Jessica September 28, 2016 / 5:52 am

Oh!!! Thank you for sharing that! I can just picture them running about! :) Another favorite of mine right now is when Little Bit runs in and kicks off his shoes in the middle of the hall and there they sit, on the wood floor.

I’ve been taking pictures of them. One day he’ll be grown and the wood floor will be quiet and empty… Embracing the moments while they’re here!❤️

• Jessica September 28, 2016 / 2:27 pm

I bet. I blinked and it was already 9 years.

7. The Snow Melts Somewhere September 29, 2016 / 1:15 pm

Congrats, you most certainly deserve this award! :) I love reading posts like this with links to other blogs, so fun to explore them

• Jessica September 29, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Aw, thanks! You’re the sweetest thing! Cool, I love checking out new blogs, too. :)