It’s Back

Remember that possum? The one that blared the garage weather radio at 3 am and got into a bag of apples on my deck?

Yeah, I forgot about it too. I mean, if you don’t see something, it has to be gone, right?

Last night, I walked into the garage, shrieked, then slammed the door.

Apparently, it’s back.

Unless…

Maybe my cat is wearing a disguise???

29 thoughts on “It’s Back

1. Miriam May 18, 2016 / 7:40 am

OMG, is that really a possum? Looks like a cross between a broom and a furry wombat! :)

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 7:52 am

LAUGHING!!!! A broom, that’s hilarious. And, actually an accurate description! Ha!

• Miriam May 18, 2016 / 7:53 am

I was actually going to say a dunny (toilet) brush!! :)

2. Weird Guy With The Dog May 18, 2016 / 9:48 am

Want to borrow Vinny? ;)

• Weird Guy With The Dog May 18, 2016 / 9:49 am

Vinny would chase but not hurt him, and would make a great video!

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 10:58 am

I just cleaned garage again and no sign of wild critters. We’re going to feed the cats in the house now, eliminating free food. Oh, and use the front door! :)

• Weird Guy With The Dog May 18, 2016 / 11:01 am

With no food around, they may show up 1 or 2 more times then give up.

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 12:00 pm

Fingers crossed!!! :)

3. karenlee May 18, 2016 / 1:23 pm

Hmm…where are those hanging alligator skulls when you need one?

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 1:25 pm

Ohhhhhhhh!! Yes!!!! Dang I should have bought them ALL!

4. SnowSomewhere May 18, 2016 / 1:36 pm

So funny – also loving all the comments here ;)

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 1:38 pm

Hi there. Thank you! That possum has been around enough it has been the star of 2 other posts. Ha.

• SnowSomewhere May 18, 2016 / 1:40 pm

I could gather that ;) Maybe he wants you to adopt him?

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Perhaps… The night before we left for vacation, the same sort of incident occurred. I opened the garage door, shrieked, and high tailed it back in. I opened the door and it just sat there, looking at me. That “oh, it’s you” thing. Then, it actually gave itself a lil face wash. Like a bath.

I saw a picture on Facebook of someone carrying a possum in a dress. No joke. When I showed it to my husband, we both laughed so hard. Then unanimously said, NO WAY.

Hoping the critter will be on its way back to the woods soon. :)

• SnowSomewhere May 18, 2016 / 2:38 pm

Hahahaha ;) He feels so comfy around you, it’s obvious. Maybe you’ll warm up to him… :D

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 2:42 pm

If it was a cat, yes! :)

5. Eskie Antics May 18, 2016 / 6:33 pm

He’s huge! Love his little peachy pink feet :) Hope he remains friendly and you can safely get him out of the garage!

• Jessica Adam May 18, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Cute in his own way! :) And, yes me, too.

6. Annika Perry May 19, 2016 / 11:11 am

Yikes! That’s scary! You actually got a chance to take a photograph?? I can’t believe the cheek and bravado of it – continuing to eat quite unbothered, probably wondering why you’re disturbing it in its ‘natural’ habitat. How’s it getting in? Do you know? Is there any anti-possum device you can buy? Keep us updated, Jessica.

• Jessica Adam May 19, 2016 / 12:07 pm

The garage door was up, I’d just been to town and the cat food bowl in the garage was full. We’re keeping the door down now and brought cat food inside. :) The idea is to eliminate food source and it moves on. Fingers double crossed!

• Jessica Adam May 20, 2016 / 8:35 am

Yes to both. :) It’s like a mystery game to open the inside house door to the garage!

7. anotherday2paradise June 19, 2016 / 10:14 am

What a very cheeky fella!. We had a possum in a palm tree, but I only saw him once. probably because we don’t have any pet food in the garage. :)

• Jessica June 19, 2016 / 12:14 pm

Lucky you! Ha! Well, he’s gone now. Moved on, I guess. :) He was sort of cute, in his own way. Kind of like your lizards!