Gifts in Themselves

Have YOU ever gotten a present for someone else’s birthday?

That’s such a weird concept, but that has happened to me and Little Bit!

A few weeks ago I reblogged a story about a gentleman who works as a manager and I told you that my husband does as well.

For nearly six years, my husband has put in a lot of hours into his job. Most weeks that office saw him 70-80 hours! Which is great for the company. He helped completely turn a business that was in the hole, around.

But we haven’t seen him much and we missed him!

Seems like there’s always a pull of this and that in life. Things that require a lot of time in one area, usually mean less time in others.

But, I have exciting news! After lots of thinking and weighing options, we are in a new phase. He gave up his high stress, long hours job and took a new position at a different company.

Woo hoo!!

We get to see my husband before dark! We never did before. We get to eat dinner at the table, all at the same time! On the weekends, we get to do fun family things because he’s not so exhausted now.

Our pets are even in on the excitement, they get to see him more, too. In fact, his birthday is next week and Lulu Jones (our black cat) even tried to help me wrap presents today. Knee deep in wrapping paper, I realized something.

Having someone you love around more often really is priceless. And, the smiles that are plastered on our faces, truly are gifts in themselves.

25 thoughts on “Gifts in Themselves

1. karenlee June 25, 2016 / 1:02 pm

Looks like Lulu is doing a fine job helping you wrap that gift. :) We are babysitting our grandcat this weekend and it’s been interesting. I was feeling happy they brought her over because they trust us (and hoping they will later with their human kids). This was my gift. <3

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 1:18 pm

Oh my gosh! I love that! “Grandcat!”

2. anotherday2paradise June 25, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Really happy for you and your husband. Happy Birthday to him for next week. Love the wrapping paper. :)

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 4:01 pm

Sylvia, you are the SWEETEST! Thank you so much! I’ll tell him! :) My helper, Miss Lulu is a special needs kitty. Blind in one eye among other things!

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Blue eye give it away???? :) Also, her front legs are really, really short. She’s pigeon toed. Her butt sticks up when she walks. She’s the cutest thing you ever saw!

• Jessica June 26, 2016 / 7:51 am

Oh! You’re right! I started with a different picture that was more of a side shot, but it didn’t show her whole face. Then I switched it for this one. I forgot how the blue one is front and center now!

3. Mrs Strawberry Blonde June 25, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Hey, my husband’ birthday is coming up next week too.

Good to hear you get to see more of your husband now. And your cat does a fab job helping you wrapping gifts. :)

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 7:56 pm

How cool! We have birthday “boys!” Thank you. It is quite a treat to have him around home again. The first time he walked in before 5 pm I was like, “what are you doing home so early?” Ha. :)

• Mrs Strawberry Blonde June 25, 2016 / 8:00 pm

I know what you mean! My husband used to work from 7 to 7 every weekday. But since June last year he’s been working from home (he does visit the office occasionally – about every six weeks). Now he does 9 to 5 from home. And because of this he can help me with the household. Sometimes I come home late from work and it’s just the best thing ever when he says something like “sorry you had to work late, dinner’s ready in 10 minutes”. :)

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 8:07 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! He does that? That IS the best thing ever! I’m glad he’s home with regular hours. That once to the office every six weeks really sounds nice! I bet that 7 to 7 got old.

• Mrs Strawberry Blonde June 25, 2016 / 8:17 pm

I was going to say you have no idea – but obviously you do. I’m glad he’s doing regular hours. Now he gets up at 8, he’s well rested and when he switches off his computer he’s still so full of energy that he does the household. The other day I came home and he was scouring the bath tub. He’s all man, but I can’t deny he’s a real household fairy! :D

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 8:29 pm

Girl! He sounds like a dream come true! The bath tub???? KEEPER!

It’s so nice when work doesn’t rule the roost. Love that!

4. Jessica June 25, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Yes, she’s quite the snoop! As soon as I unrolled the wrapping paper, she ran over and got on it! She’s a character! :)

5. DailyMusings June 25, 2016 / 10:47 pm

So happy for you the changes sound great!

• Jessica June 25, 2016 / 11:12 pm

Hi there! You make me smile! Thank you so much. :)

6. Miriam June 26, 2016 / 5:26 am

I’m so happy for you Jess. That you and Little Bit (and Lulu Jones) have him around at meal times and all the other times that really matter. It really is the greatest gift of all. :) xo

• Jessica June 26, 2016 / 7:47 am

Hi Miri. You’re right. It’s been a long time coming and we’re thrilled he’s back!

• Miriam June 26, 2016 / 8:10 am

I bet he is too! That’s so great. xo

• Jessica June 26, 2016 / 9:21 am

You wouldn’t believe the difference less stress makes!

• Miriam June 26, 2016 / 3:44 pm

Yes I think I do. I’m so glad … for all of you. ♡♡♡

• Jessica June 26, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Love how you just “get” me!

7. Gameplan Happily Ever After June 30, 2016 / 4:18 pm

Wow, SO happy fo you Jessica :) I hate it too when my hubby or dad works late..Glad that finally your man can come home early and you can enjoy more time with him :)

• Jessica July 1, 2016 / 2:19 am

Hi Minaxi, I appreciate that you can relate! Thank you, it’s such a treat to see him more!