McCormack Lake

Sunday we went to a lake I’d been to once before. Standing in the parking lot, I remembered why I’d liked it the first time. It was quiet, there was a beaver dam, and it was easy on the eyes. Yeah, I liked it just as much this time around.

However, after we left the parking lot, my husband drove down a gravel road less traveled. Then, he pulled down onto a road to nowhere and I got out.

There I stood at the opposite end of the lake, and quite honestly, it was one of those moments, you know? Those instances where you see something SO beautiful that all you can do is weep.

And, I did.

To me, nature is like air. No wonder people hike thousands of miles or even a few.

A few steps over, this way or that, and your entire perspective can change.

14 thoughts on “McCormack Lake

1. thechickengrandma June 11, 2019 / 8:23 pm

That is beautiful!!! And I know exactly what you mean about seeing something so beautiful. There are times I just stand and soak it in.

• Jessica June 12, 2019 / 11:02 pm

Hi. ❤️ Love that- the soaking it in. It’s like that whisper from above that says, “hey look at this.” Pretty amazing stuff!

2. peggyjoan42 June 12, 2019 / 5:32 am

Nature is so beautiful that it often brings tears to my eyes. We have a small lake near us that has spectacular views from its various shoreline areas. Beautiful picture of McCormack Lake.

• Jessica June 12, 2019 / 11:05 pm

Aw!! That is so beautiful–love when the tears come. Oh, I bet that lake is pretty! And, thank you! I love that picture so much that I put it as the screen saver on my phone. Puts me right back in that spot. :) Hope you are doing great!

• peggyjoan42 June 13, 2019 / 6:17 am

That picture would be a perfect screen saver. Doing good here in my neck of the woods – Looks like you are doing the same.

• Jessica June 16, 2019 / 5:45 am

Thank you! Yes, doing good. Sure is some strange summer weather– chilly mornings and highs in 70’s. It’s spring- ha ha! :)

• peggyjoan42 June 16, 2019 / 3:41 pm

Not sure what season this is. Mother Nature isn’t either. Ha

• Jessica June 16, 2019 / 10:06 pm

Haha! Good point!

3. rabbitpatchdiary.com June 17, 2019 / 3:33 pm

how good to see this! It does my heart good to hear from you-still collecting beautiful things-love Michele

• Jessica June 18, 2019 / 4:35 pm

Hey sweetheart!! I’m taking a social media break and am going to blog g some again! Have lots of beautiful photos to share. Soooooo happy you commented! Thank you! ❤️

• rabbitpatchdiary.com June 20, 2019 / 3:51 pm

yay!! I am looking forward to that! I have missed you-love your friend aka Francesca!

• Jessica August 28, 2019 / 4:46 pm

Nicely put! Thank you for your kind words!